Medical Director, Cardiac Imaging Operations
I am a non-invasive cardiologist with a focus on cardiac imaging at Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute. I treat patients with valvular heart disease, coronary artery disease, arrhythmias, heart failure and other heart complications. I am fellowship-trained in advanced imaging including cardiac MRIs, cardiac CTs, echocardiography and nuclear cardiology.
I became interested in a career in medicine as I watched my uncle’s career as a cardiologist. I love the variety of patients I get to work with. One day, I may help someone facing a severe cardiac emergency and provide immediate relief. Then I get to care for some patients for decades, developing a unique relationship with them as I provide care throughout their life.
As cardiac care advances at lightning speed, cardiac imaging becomes a vital resource and I hope my knowledge in this area this will aid in providing the best care to my patients.Related Medical Services
Osmania Medical College, 2007
University of Connecticut Health Center, 2010, Internal Medicine
University of Connecticut Health Center, 2012, Internal Medicine
St Francis Hospital, 2017
University of Connecticut Health Center, 2016, Cardiovascular Disease
Awards, Achievements, and More
- Post neurosurgical meningitis.
ACP Connecticut, 2009
- Aortic dissection -Imaging modalities.
SGIM New England, 2010
- Ghatak, Abhijit, Raja Pullatt, Vamsi Pavuluri, Steven Zweibel, Christopher Clyne, and Jeffrey Kluger.
“Do Changes in Repolarization Predict Outcomes in Patients Undergoing Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy?” Journal of Cardiac Failure 16, no. 8 (August 1, 2010): S61. doi:10.1016/j.cardfail.2010.06.209.
- Pavuluri, Vamsimohan, Sanjeev P. Bhavnani, Craig I. Coleman, Danette Guertin, Christopher A. Clyne, and Jeffery Kluger.
“Impact of Gender on Outcomes in ICD Patients: A Propensity Matched Study.” Journal of the American College of Cardiology57, no. 14s1 (April 5, 2011): E36–E36. doi:10.1016/S0735-1097(11)60036-3.
- Swamy Iyah, Geetha, Afrooz Ardestani, Beth Parker, Shishir Mathur, Vamsi Pavuluri, Donna Polk, and Paul Thompson. “Abstract 14492: Effect of Acute Exercise on Statin Induced Muscle Damage in Exercise Trained Subjects.” Circulation124, no. 21 Supplement (November 22, 2011): A14492.
- Avoiding premature closure in medical diagnosis
SGIM New England 2011
- Lactic Acidosis –Thinking Beyond Sepsis
SGIM New England 2012
- An intracardiac presentation of hepatocellular carcinoma
- John W. Boylan Award for Excellence in Ambulatory Care, 2012