Dr. Lukas Pastewski is a board-certified specialist in critical care medicine, infectious diseases and internal medicine. He earned his medical degree from the Universidad Central del Caribe School of Medicine, Puerto Rico, completed his internship and residency at the Maimonides Medical Center, and completed his fellowship at the Maimonides Medical Center.Related Medical Services
Universidad Central Del Caribe, 2002
Maimonides Medical Center, 2005, Internal Medicine
Maimonides Medical Center, 2006, Critical Care Medicine
Maimonides Medical Center, 2008, Infectious Disease
American Board of Internal Medicine-Critical Care Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine-Infectious Disease
Awards, Achievements, and More
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American College of Physicians
- Sharma S, Dizon R, Kopec R, Pastewski A, Ghitan M, Caruso P, Mayer S, Chapnick E., Return of polymyxin B – Does it work? Presented at the Maimonides Medical Center Research Day, May 2004.
- Pastewski A, Pastewski A, Chawla K, Kupfer Y, Tessler S. Difficult central venous catheter changes: A novel approach to overcoming resistance during guide wire insertion. Chest, Oct 2006; 130: 201s. Presented at the American College of Chest Physicians Meeting, Salt Lake City, Utah, October 2006.