I am a critical care physician at Memorial Hospital Pembroke and Memorial Hospital West. I treat patients in the intensive care units facing life-threatening illnesses and injuries.
One size does not fit all in medicine. That is why I make it a priority to get to know each patient, their family and their unique concerns and lifestyle. With this information, I create personalized care plans that incorporate the latest medical interventions while honoring the personal wishes and beliefs of my patients.
I know from personal experience the stress, worry and difficulties facing a family when a loved one is placed in the intensive care unit. While I know I cannot take the worry and pain away, I try my best to walk them through this difficult time by answering their questions, and making myself available to talk through options and updates.
I earned my medical degree from the UMNJ New Jersey Medical School. I completed an Internal Medicine Residency at the Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia, and a Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship at Medstar Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, DC.
Before joining Memorial Healthcare, I completed a Sleep Medicine Fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania.Related Medical Services
UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School Program, 2008
Albert Einstein Medical Center, 2011, Internal Medicine
Georgetown University Hospital, 2015, Critical Care Medicine
University Of Pennsylvania, 2016, Sleep Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine-Critical Care Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine-Pulmonary Disease
American Board of Internal Medicine-Sleep Medicine
Awards, Achievements, and More
- 2015-2016: Quality improvement project at the University of Pennsylvania outpatient sleep clinic looking at methods to optimize and improve patient flow and patient/staff satisfaction.
- 2014-2015: Multicenter prospective study to validate the Modified SACS as a screening questionnaire for sleep apnea during pregnancy when compared to Watch PAT home sleep study device.
- 2000-2004: Investigation of neuroplasticity in the hippocampus and song system including RNA probe production and mapping of NR1 NMDA receptor in Zebra Finches and Black-capped Chickadees under Dr. Colin Saldanha, Ph.D. Department of Biological Sciences, Lehigh University.
- Kullar RK, Devarajan S, Pu. A retrospective analysis of pregnant women screened for obstructive sleep apnea and associated adverse maternal and fetal outcomes. Original Investigation Poster Presentation CHEST conference, Austin, TX October 2014. Top 3 poster winner.
- Kullar RK. A Case of Influenza A Presenting with Rhabdomyolysis and Creatine Kinase Above 4 Million. Clinical Vignette CHEST conference Chicago, IL October 2013.
- Kullar RK, Kalgate R. Castleman Disease presenting as fever and cough in a young male. Clinical Vignette ACP Conference Toronto, Canada 2010.
- Kullar RK, Patel NP, Randall JF & Saldanha CJ. (2004) Orthogonal patterns of neuroplasticity in the hippocampus and song system of a food storing songbird. Society for Neuroscience, Cincinnati, OH.
- Kullar RK, Patel NP, Randall JF & Saldanha CJ. (2004) Orthogonal patterns of neuroplasticity in the hippocampus and song system of a food storing songbird. Society for Behavioral Neuroendocrinology, Lisbon, Portugal.
- 8th Annual PA Sleep Society Meeting. An overview of stimulant therapy in hypersomnolence. Presented at Harrisburg, PA.
- DC Thoracic Pulmonary Grand Rounds. Presented at Georgetown University, Washington, DC 2007.
- Clinical Case Presentation. Presented at Albert Einstein Medical Center Grand Rounds, Philadelphia, PA 2010.