I always had an interest in science growing up and had the opportunity to shadow some surgeons while still in high school. I was drawn to medicine and surgery due to the immediate, profound and lasting impact that a surgical procedure can have on people's lives.
When working with patients, I provide a comprehensive approach to the management and treatment of disorders and diseases that affect blood vessels outside the heart and brain. I can provide medical, endovascular and open therapies. I’m passionate about delivering the highest quality of care regardless of the gravity or complexity of the situation and irrespective of a patient’s financial situation. The goal is always to tailor treatments and procedures to provide each patient with unique, individualized care.
I love the impact I can make on people’s lives through surgery. Whether it’s saving a life or a limb or preventing a stroke, it’s an honor and privilege to be able to improve someone's life so dramatically.
West Virginia University School Of Medicine, 2005
Charleston Area Medical Center-General Division, 2006, Surgery
Charleston Area Medical Center-General Division, 2010, Surgery
Ohio State University Medical Center, 2012, Vascular Surgery
American Board of Surgery-Surgery
American Board of Surgery-Vascular Surgery
Awards, Achievements, and More
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Society for Vascular Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Florida Vascular Society
- Mercel A, Habib J, Denni J. “Use of Indocyanine Green Flourescence Imaging in Predicting Distal Ischemia Following AV Fistula Placement.” Podium presentation at the Southern Association for Vascular Surgery. Boca Raton, FL. January 2019.
- Habib, J. “Current Management of Popliteal Artery Aneurysms.” Podium presentation at the Florida Vascular Society Meeting, Four Seasons. Orlando, FL. April 2018.
- Sabra M, Habib J, Dennis J, Allmon JC. “Identification of Unique Characteristics Associated with Traumatic Blunt Aortic Injuries Occurring at Unusual Locations.” Podium presentation at the Southern Association for Vascular Surgery. Scottsdale, AZ. January 2018.
- Jensen A, Habib J, Dennis J, Allmon C. “A Novel Application of an Old Technique: The Use of External to Internal Carotid Artery Transposition in Trauma.” Poster Presentation at the Southeastern Surgical Congress. Tampa, FL. February 2018.
- Gurien L, Dennis J, Renkosik J, Yorkgitis B, Kerwin A, Allmon J, Habib J. “Reassessing the Utility of CT angiograms in penetrating injuries to the extremities.” Podium presentation at the Academic Surgical Conference. Las Vegas, NV. 2017
- Habib, J. “Endovascular Management of Dialysis Access: Role of Drug Eluting Balloons and Covered Stents.” Podium presentation at the Florida Vascular Society Meeting. Ritz Carlton, Amelia Island, FL. May 5, 2017.
- Wietzel, Kristina, Dennis J, Habib J, Allmon J, Skarupa D. “A Case Report of REBOA Device Use in a Patient with Aortic and Inferior Vena Cava Injury.” Podium presentation at the Florida Vascular Society Annual Meeting. Ritz, Carlton, Amelia Island, FL. May 4, 2017.
- Tarbunou Y, Dennis J, Sabra M, Chesire D, Allmon J, Habib J. Traumatic Blunt Aortic Injuries at Unusual locations. Presented at the Florida Vascular Society Annual Meeting. Four Seasons, Orlando, FL. 2016.
- Mihindu E, Dennis J, Skarupa D, Allmon, J, Kerwin A, Habib J. Changing Patterns in Blunt Cerebrovascular Artery Injury Diagnosis and Management. Presented at the Florida Vascular Society Annual Meeting. Four Seasons, Orlando, FL. April 2016.
- Habib, J. "Novel Transcatheter Angiovac Utilization and Endovascular Stent Graft Placement for the Treatment of Symptomatic Primary Thoracoabdominal Mural and Floating Intra-Aortic Thrombus” Podium presentation at the Southern Association for Vascular Surgery. The Breakers, Palm Beach, FL. January 2014.
- Habib J. TASC 2007 Classification Scheme: Outcomes of Prosthetic Femoral Above the Knee Popliteal Bypass. Podium presentation at the West Virginia Chapter of the American College of Surgeons. The Greenbrier Resort, Lewisburg, WV. May 2008.
- Award for the 1st Ruptured AAA Repair at UF Health – North, 2019
- Award for the 1st Endovascular AAA Repair at UF Health – North, 2018
- Honoree at the 11th Annual “A Night for Heroes Gala,” February 3, 2018, in Jacksonville, FL
- University of Florida College of Medicine Exemplary Teacher Award 2015, 2016, 2017