Raised as the son of a physician, I grew up in awe of my father’s love for his job. His joy in helping others inspired me to follow in his footsteps. During my training, I was drawn to vascular surgery due to the blend of required fine-tuned technical skill and creativity, as well as the ability to form lifelong relationships with patients. I also appreciated the immediate satisfaction in helping patients through surgery. Often, patients will come to me in pain or with a chronic illness and seeing improvement in their condition and enhancement of their quality of life is most rewarding.
As a strong advocate of patient-centered care, I strive to create an environment of openness, attentiveness and honesty. My collaborative nature allows patients and I to be true partners in the medical decision-making process. I believe in giving patients all the available treatment options, along with the time and attention necessary to help make a decision that will best fit their short- and long-term goals.
University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine, 2014
Montefiore Medical Center, 2015, Surgery
Montefiore Medical Center, 2019, Surgery
Montefiore Medical Center, 2021, Vascular Surgery
American Board of Surgery-Surgery
American Board of Surgery-Vascular Surgery
Awards, Achievements, and More
PublicationsPlease view Dr. Marc Jonathan Dauer’s publications on PubMed.
ResearchIn addition to patient care, I am also active in clinical research and quality improvement initiatives to enhance medical and procedural care for all patients. Current research interests include limb salvage and dialysis access.
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of Vascular Surgery
- Eastern Vascular Society
- Vascular and Endovascular Surgical Society
- Florida Vascular Society
- Dauer, Yoffe, Schriner, Lipsitz, Indes, Aldailami. Impact Of Short And Long Term Glucose Control In Chronic Limb Threatening Ischemia. Podium Presentation Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery. March 2021.
- Dauer, M Friedmann M, Koleilat I. Delay in Endovascular Aneurysm Repair for Symptomatic Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm up to Five Days Does Not Impact Morbidity or Mortality. American College of Surgery. Podium Presentation. October 2019.
- Dauer, Yoffe, Friedmann, Smith. Outcomes of Acute Cholecystitis in Octogenarians. Poster Presentation New York Surgical Society Fall Session. 2018.
- Dauer, M Choi, J. Perforation of giant marginal ulcer due to gastric-gastric fistula. SAGES Annual Meeting. Seattle, WA. April 2018.
- Vaghaiwalla, Tanez, Schulman, Carl, Davis, James, Dauer, Marc. Mycobacterium Abscessus Infection in a Burn ICU Patient. Surgical Infection Society. Poster Presentation. May 2014.
- Jacobs, Jordan, Martha Quiodettis, Marc Dauer, Enrique Ginzburg. Sternotomy in the Hands of the Trauma Surgeon: Is It Safe? PanAmerican Trauma Conference. Poster Presentation. November 2013.
- Oskouei BN, Lamirault G, Joseph C, Treuer AV, Landa S, Da Silva J, Hatzistergos K, Dauer M, Balkan W, McNiece I, Hare JM. Increased Potency of Cardiac Stem Cells Compared to Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells In Cardiac Repair. Poster presented: American College of Cardiology 60th Scientific Session and Expo. Miami, FL. 2011.