Ahmed Shoreibah, MD
Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency Program, Memorial Healthcare System
I am a primary care physician and program director of Internal Medicine Residency Program at Memorial Healthcare System.
I became a primary care doctor because I love the impact my work can have on people's health and their lives. I enjoy treating patients with a variety of different concerns, and specialize in preventive healthcare, women's health, diabetes and hypertension.
My favorite part of being a primary care physician is the ability to build long-term relationships with my patients. Now, as the director of the Ambulatory Education programs at Memorial, I get to enjoy these same long-term relationships as I mentor young doctors throughout their training and careers.
I am originally from South Florida and worked as an attending physician at the St. Barnabas Hospital in New York for many years before moving back to Florida and working in private practice in Lakeland for 18 years. I am thrilled to be back home working to enhance Memorial's primary care services while also building a talented pool of doctors who will care for the next generation of patients in our community.
Related Medical Services
- University of Florida College of Medicine, 1991
- University Of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1992, Internal Medicine
- University Of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1994, Internal Medicine
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honorary
- Listed, How to Find the Best Doctors, New York Metro Area, 3rdEd (Published by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. 1999)
- University of Miami College of Arts and Sciences Alumni Association Award
- Scripps-Howard Collegiate Journalism Scholarship