I am a physician with Memorial Primary Care. I provide general medical care for patients in Broward County with a focus on preventive medicine. I also specialize in treating patients with hypertension and diabetes.
As a primary care physician, I get to know my patients as I care for them over many years. I enjoy the relationships that evolve as I get to know them beyond simply their medical conditions. As I learn more about their lives, I am able to help them make positive lifestyle changes and tailor their medical care to improve their wellbeing and help them reach their goals.
I earned my medical degree at the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Nicaragua and was trained in emergency medicine in Nicaragua. I also completed an internal medicine residency at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, Florida.
When I'm not working, I'm actively involved in activities at my local church, enjoy reading and studying history.Related Medical Services
Universidad Nacional Autonoma De Nicaragua, 1988
Mount Sinai/Miami Heart Institute, 1997, Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
Awards, Achievements, and More
Throughout my career, I have been involved in various research projects exploring hypertension, osteoarthritis and other conditions. Past projects include:
- Sub investigator with Pines Clinical Research Group, 2002-05
- Hypertension: Novartis, 2002-03
- Osteoarthritis: Biovail/Scirex, 2002-03
- Hypertension: Novelties – APBM, 2003
- GERD: Astra-Zeneca, 2003
- Hypertension: Novartis, 2004-05
- American College of Physicians
- American Society of Internal Medicine
- Strathmore’s Who’s Who
- American Medical Association: Physician’s Recognition Award, 2000
- American Medical Association: Physician’s Recognition Award, 1998