Geden Franck, MD
I am a primary care sports medicine physician at Memorial Healthcare System. My approach to healthcare is to make sure every patient feels seen, heard and understood. I provide each patient with personalized, comprehensive and collaborative care, paired with a heavy dose of compassion. In other words, we will work together as partners in helping you reach your full physical potential.
Every patient who walks through my door is treated like family. I am a strong believer in personalized care because each person and injury is unique. I always ensure that I have the time to get to know my patients, understand their goals and concerns, discuss their options and help them choose the treatment they feel is best for them.
I treat all types of orthopedic concerns and sports medicine injuries in athletes of all levels – from college athletes to mature adults, weekend warriors to professionals, and even performers. Common injuries include fractures, overuse injuries, and tendon and musculoskeletal issues. If someone needs surgery, I care for them before and after the procedure and guide them on the road to recovery so they can get back on their feet as soon as possible.
In addition to treating individual patients, I enjoy working with local sports teams to provide their athletes with sports medicine primary care, concussion management, injury treatment, and care for cardiac issues related to sports. While in training, I was part of the medical team who treated athletes from the Florida Marlins and teams from the University of Miami and Florida State University. Most recently, I have treated athletes at the University of Houston and Houston Baptist University to help them to play safe and reach their peak performance.
I always knew I wanted to pursue a career in medicine, and was drawn to sports medicine because of my own love for sports. I was born and raised in Miami and played football for Miami Northwestern Senior High School. I’m thrilled to be back home in South Florida, caring for the community that raised me.
When I am not seeing patients, I also teach and mentor new physicians, participate in clinical research, and present on various sports medicine related topics.
Before joining Memorial, I was the sports medicine director at Memorial Hermann Medical Group Physicians at Sugar Creek in Texas.
Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Franck
- Florida State University, 2014
- University Of Maryland Medical Systems, 2015, Family Medicine
- University Of Maryland Medical Systems, 2017, Family Medicine
- University Of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital, 2018, Sports Medicine
American Board of Family Medicine-Sports Medicine
- 2018: Miami Dade College Hall of Fame Inductee – The Highest Honor bestowed upon an Alumni, Honorees display extraordinary leadership in their professions, Compassion in their community and exemplify the values of Miami Date College.
- 2017: AMSSM Össur Americas Fellowship Member – Honors rising Sports Medicine Fellows with dedication to research and advancement of the Sports Medicine agenda.
- 2016: National Institute of Health -National Medical Association Academic Fellow – Prestigious Awarded to senior residents who are interested in pursuing careers in biomedical research and/or academic medicine. Provides mentorship and dedicated coursework for career development.
- 2009: Emory 100 Senior Honorary Award – Honors the top 100 members of the graduating class that have demonstrated outstanding leadership, passion, excelled academically, and made significant contributions to the Emory community
Medical research helps us to propel medicine forward to improve processes, procedures, our understanding of medical conditions and advance care.
My research interests focus on health equity, diversity in medicine, sport injuries, sports cardiology and regenerative medicine.
Past projects include:
- Quarterback Sack causing Shoulder Pain in Collegiate Athlete, AMSSM Poster Presentation, 2018
- Evaluating Patient Satisfaction Differences between Attending and Resident Providers, 2017
- The Effect of Socio-Economic Status and Race on Patient-Physician Trust Levels in Neighboring Gadsden and Leon County, 2010
- Exercise Prescriptions; The Prescription that we don’t know how to order. Jackson Memorial Hospital Family Medicine Grand Round Speaker, 2018
- University of Miami Sports Medicine Institute, Morning Report Speaker Topic: Sports Cardiology; The Heart of the Matter, 2018.
- University of Miami Sports Medicine Institute Morning Report Speaker Topic: The Future of Injection Therapy (PRP & Stem Cell), 2018.
- Jackson Memorial Hospital Orthopedic Grand Rounds Grand Round Speaker Topic: The Quandary of Injury Prevention; In-depth look of the advancements of Injury Prevention of Common Musculoskeletal injuries, 2017.
- University of Miami Sports Medicine Institute Morning Report Speaker Topic: Concussion; Out with the Old and In with the New; Looking at the Changes in Concussion diagnosing and management, 2017.
- Miami Dade Honors College Pinning Ceremony Keynote Speaker University of Maryland Family and Community Medicine 2016 Morning Report Lecture Series Lectures Given: Heat Illness; Anorectal Disorders; Postpartum Hemorrhage; Prescribing PrEP; Mens Health; Domestic Violence, 2017.