Geden Franck, MD
Related Medical Services
- Florida State University, 2014
- University Of Maryland Medical Systems, 2015, Family Medicine
- University Of Maryland Medical Systems, 2017, Family Medicine
- University Of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital, 2018, Sports Medicine
American Board of Family Medicine-Sports Medicine
- 2018: Miami Dade College Hall of Fame Inductee – The Highest Honor bestowed upon an Alumni, Honorees display extraordinary leadership in their professions, Compassion in their community and exemplify the values of Miami Date College.
- 2017: AMSSM Össur Americas Fellowship Member – Honors rising Sports Medicine Fellows with dedication to research and advancement of the Sports Medicine agenda.
- 2016: National Institute of Health -National Medical Association Academic Fellow – Prestigious Awarded to senior residents who are interested in pursuing careers in biomedical research and/or academic medicine. Provides mentorship and dedicated coursework for career development.
- 2009: Emory 100 Senior Honorary Award – Honors the top 100 members of the graduating class that have demonstrated outstanding leadership, passion, excelled academically, and made significant contributions to the Emory community
Medical research helps us to propel medicine forward to improve processes, procedures, our understanding of medical conditions and advance care.
My research interests focus on health equity, diversity in medicine, sport injuries, sports cardiology and regenerative medicine.
Past projects include:
- Quarterback Sack causing Shoulder Pain in Collegiate Athlete, AMSSM Poster Presentation, 2018
- Evaluating Patient Satisfaction Differences between Attending and Resident Providers, 2017
- The Effect of Socio-Economic Status and Race on Patient-Physician Trust Levels in Neighboring Gadsden and Leon County, 2010
- Exercise Prescriptions; The Prescription that we don’t know how to order. Jackson Memorial Hospital Family Medicine Grand Round Speaker, 2018
- University of Miami Sports Medicine Institute, Morning Report Speaker Topic: Sports Cardiology; The Heart of the Matter, 2018.
- University of Miami Sports Medicine Institute Morning Report Speaker Topic: The Future of Injection Therapy (PRP & Stem Cell), 2018.
- Jackson Memorial Hospital Orthopedic Grand Rounds Grand Round Speaker Topic: The Quandary of Injury Prevention; In-depth look of the advancements of Injury Prevention of Common Musculoskeletal injuries, 2017.
- University of Miami Sports Medicine Institute Morning Report Speaker Topic: Concussion; Out with the Old and In with the New; Looking at the Changes in Concussion diagnosing and management, 2017.
- Miami Dade Honors College Pinning Ceremony Keynote Speaker University of Maryland Family and Community Medicine 2016 Morning Report Lecture Series Lectures Given: Heat Illness; Anorectal Disorders; Postpartum Hemorrhage; Prescribing PrEP; Mens Health; Domestic Violence, 2017.