Daniel Benhayon Lanes, MD
Dr. Daniel Benhayon is a board-certified cardiac electrophysiologist. He completed his electrophysiology training at the University of Pennsylvania and his cardiology training at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. He completed his residency in internal medicine at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York.
Dr. Benhayon is an expert in the management of atrial fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia, syncope, defibrillators and pacemaker management. He has published in the fields of atrial fibrillation ablation, prevention of stroke, sudden cardiac death and remote monitoring of patients with defibrillators. He is the director of education for the Latin America Electrophysiology Society, and lectures throughout the US and Latin America.
Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Benhayon Lanes
- Universidad Central De Venezuela, 2003
- The Mount Sinai Medical Center, 2008, Internal Medicine
- Hospital Of University Of Pennsylvania, 2014, Electrophysiology
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 2012, Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
- Magna Cum Laude, First of the Class, Universidad Central de Venezuela, 2003
- Young Investigator Award, ACC Pennsylvania Chapter Meeting, 2011
- Honorary Member of the Mexican Electrophysiology Society (SOMEEC), 2014-present
- “Periprocedural Heparin Requirement in Patients Undergoing Atrial Fibrillation Ablation Stratified by Different Baseline Anticoagulation Regimens: Evidence for a Prothrombotic State With Interrupted Dabigatran,” American Heart Association, Chicago 2014.
- “Ventricular Arrhythmias Arising from the Left Ventricular Summit: ECG Features Can Predict Site of Origin and Response to Epicardial Ablation,” Heart Rhythm Society Meeting, 2014
- “VPD QRS Duration as a New Marker of Risk for the Development of VPD Induced Cardiomyopathy,” Heart Rhythm Society Meeting, 2013
- “Moderator Bank VT, Our Strategy for Successful Ablation,” Heart Rhythm Society Meeting, 2013
- “Long-Term Arrhythmia Follow-up of Patients with Myotonic Dystrophy,” Heart Rhythm Society Meeting, 2013
- “Fragmented Wide QRS on a 12-Lead ECG Increases the Risk of Ventricular Arrhythmias in Patients with Severe Systolic Dysfunction,” American Heart Association, 2011
- “Presence of Premature Ventricular Contractions During a Stress Test in Patients with Low Ejection Fraction and ICD as a Risk Factor for ICD Shocks,” AHA Fellows Research Day, 2010