Omosalewa Adewale, MD
Medical Director of Cardiac Imaging, Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
Omosalewa O. Adewale, MBBS, FACC, is a highly experienced board-certified cardiologist whose medical education and career spans three continents. Dr. Adewale graduated with a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree from the University of Lagos, College of Medicine in Nigeria in 1995. This was followed by an internship at St. Nicholas Hospital in Lagos in 1996. In Romford, England, Dr. Adewale was a Senior House Officer in the Emergency Department at Oldchurch Hospital in 1998. In the United States, Dr. Adewale completed her residency in internal medicine at Michael Reese Hospital in Chicago in 2001; her cardiology fellowship at MetroHealth Medical Center (Case Western Reserve University) in Cleveland in 2004 where she was Chief Fellow; and her Level III fellowship in advanced echocardiography at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Ohio in 2005. From 2006 to 2013, Dr. Adewale was on the faculty at the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in El Paso, and was appointed associate professor of internal medicine in 2012. She then moved on to Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia as faculty senior associate and completed a Level III Cardiac CT/MRI fellowship at the Emory Clinic in 2014. Dr. Adewale joined Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute, as Medical Director of Cardiac Imaging, and Memorial Physician Group in the Division of Cardiac Services in 2015.
Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Adewale
- College Of Medicine Lagos University, 1995
- Columbia /HCA Michael Reese Hospital, 2001, Internal Medicine
- Metrohealth Medical Center, 2004, Cardiovascular Disease
- Cleveland Clinic Hospital, 2005, Cardiovascular Disease
- Emory University Hospital, 2014, Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
- Richard C. Brunken and Omosalewa O. Lalude. Nuclear Stress Testing in: The Cleveland Clinic Board Review. Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins 2007: Chapter 22, Pg. 233-252.
- Omosalewa O. Lalude, Oussama Wazni and Allan L. Klein. Section II: Left atrial appendage and Pulmonary vein Assessment; Intracardiac Echocardiography in Interventional Electrophysiology: Advanced Management of Atrial Fibrillation and Ventricular Tachycardia. Andrea Natale David J. Wilber. Taylor & Francis Books Ltd. 01/2006.
- Citation of Merit, In-service Training Examination, Michael Reese Hospital, 2000
- University Top Scholar in Medicine, University of Lagos, College of Medicine, 1995
- Society for Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- Society for Cardiac Magnetic Resonance
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- American Society of Echocardiography
- American College of Cardiology
- Association of Nigerian Physicians in the Americas