Eduardo Rodriguez Zoppi, MD
Hollywood, FL 33021
I treat diseases involving the blood vessels, both arteries and veins. I manage issues with the carotid artery and with circulation to the lower extremities in patients with diabetes, in addition to anything related to varicose veins of the lower extremities. I have advanced skills in endovascular procedures to treat blockages of the arteries. I’ve also worked with thoracic outlet syndrome, a condition that causes compression of the vessels and nerves going to the arms.
As far as open surgeries, I am trained for the management of complex aortic aneurysms, both in the chest and the abdomen, as well as aortic dissections. I’ve done research in angiogenesis, which is the formation of new blood vessels to restore circulation to the lower extremities.
I’m really devoted to my patients and I make sure that all their health-related issues are under control and that they receive good care. The gratitude from patients and family members when you are able to help them and change their lives in a good way gives me a great feeling.
All I do when I’m not in the hospital is either watch or play soccer. I’m a big soccer fan. I have a 1-year-old son, and my dream is to be his soccer coach. Since I work so much, I try to spend quality time with my wife and baby when I have time off.Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Rodriguez Zoppi
- Universidad Central De Venezuela, Ciudad Universitaria, 2003
- University Of Pennsylvania, 2008, Surgery
- University Of Pennsylvania, 2014, Surgery
- University Of South Florida College Of Medicine, 2016, Vascular Surgery
- Transcarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR)
- Redfield RR 3rd, Rodriguez E, Parsons R, Vivek K, Mustafa MM, Noorchashm H, Naji A. Essential role for B cells in transplantation tolerance. Curr Opin Immunol. 2011 Oct;23(5):685-91.
- Vivek K, Mustafa MM, Rodriguez E, Redfield RR 3rd, Parsons RF, Rostami S, Migone TS, Cancro MP, Naji A, Noorchashm H. Strategies for B-lymphocyte repertoire remodeling in transplantation tolerance. Immunol Res. 2011 Oct;51(1):1-4.
- Redfield RR, Parsons RF, Rodriguez E, Mustafa M, Cassuto J, Vivek K, Noorchashm H, Naji A, Levine MH, Abt PL. Underutilization of A2 ABO incompatible kidney transplantation. Clin Transplant. 2012 May-Jun;26(3):489-94.
- Parsons RF, Redfield RR 3rd, Rodriguez E, Mustafa MM, Vivek K, Murayama M, Naji A, Noorchashm H. Primary B cell repertoire remodeling to achieve humoral transplantation tolerance. Semin Immunol. 2012 Apr;24(2):109-14.
- Redfield RR, Lou Y, Rodriguez E, Rostami S, Parsons RF, Noorchashm H, Naji A, Abt PL. Sustained reduction of alloantibody secreting plasma cells and donor specific antibody with proteasome inhibition in mice. Transpl Immunol. 2013 Dec;29(1-4): 11-6.
- Redfield RR, Rodriguez E, Luo Y, Rostami S, Parsons RF, Noorchashm H, Abt PL, Naji A. Interleukin 5 immunotherapy depletes alloreactive plasma cells. J Surg Res. 2014 Mar;187(1):310-5
- Rodriguez E, Ouma G, Muthumani K, Weiner D, Wilensky RL, MD, Mohler III ER.
In vivo electroporation of constitutively expressed HIF-1α plasmid DNA improves neovascularization in a mouse model of limb ischemia. J Vasc Surg. 2014 Mar;59(3):786-93.
- Redfield RR, Gupta M, Rodriguez E, Wood A, Abt PL, Levine MH. Graft and patient survival outcomes of a third kidney transplant. Transplantation. 2015 Feb;99(2):416-23.
- Dansey, K., Wooster, M., Powell, A., Rodriguez, E., Zwiebel, B., Shames, M. Rapid aneurysm growth after transarterial chemoembolization. Journal of Vascular Surgery Cases, Mar 2015; 1(1), 65-67
- Resident and Associate Society, American College of Surgeons
- Candidate Member, Society for Vascular Surgery
- Candidate Member, The Southern Association for Vascular Surgery
- Noorchashm, Hooman, Rodriguez, Eduardo, Parsons, Ronald, Rostami, Susan Y., Reed, Amy J.,Cancro, Michael P., Naji, Ali. Humoral Tolerance to Murine Cardiac Allografts by Targeting the Critical Homeostatic Regulator of B-lymphocyte Selection, BLyS-BAFF. American Association of Thoracic Surgery annual meting. 2014.
- Rodriguez E, Rostami S, Mustafa M, Parsons R, Vivek K, Redfield R, Devalaraja S, Murayama M, Koeberlein B, Migone T, Cancro M, Naji A, Noorchashm H. BLyS Neutralization Abrogates Humoral Autoimmunity in a Chronic Heart Allograft Rejection Model. American Transplant Congress. 2012.
- Rodriguez E, Redfield R, Luo Y, Mustafa M, Rostami S, Devalaraja S, Murayama M, Parsons R, Abt P, Noorchashm H, Naji A. Anti-IL-5 Immunotherapy Depletes Alloreactive Plasma Cells. American Transplant Congress. 2012.
- Mustafa M, Vivek K, Ziaie A, Devalaraja S, Rostami S, Luo Y, Rodriguez E, Murayama M, Naji A. Inhibition of Autophagy Reduces Donor Specific Alloantibody in a Murine Skin-Allograft Model. American Transplant Congress. 2012.
- Rodriguez E, Redfield RR, Vivek K, Mustafa MM, Naji A, Noorchashm H. Dysregulated B Lymphocyte Tolerance to Self-Antigens Results from Cardiac Allograft Rejection. American Transplant Congress. 2011.
- Redfield RR, Parsons RF, Luo Y, Rostami S, Vivek K, Rodriguez E, Mustafa MM, Noorchashm H, Naji A, Abt PL. Bortezomib Alone Is Sufficient To Eliminate Plasma Cells and Donor-Specific Antibody in Mice. American Transplant Congress. 2011.
- Redfield RR, Luo Y, Rostami S, Vivek K, Rodriguez E, Mustafa MM, Noorchashm H, Naji A, Abt PL., Parsons RF, RANKL-Directed Immunotherapy Reduces Donor Specific Antibodies in Sensitized Mice. American Transplant Congress. 2011.
- Vivek K, Rostami S, Mustafa M, Rodriguez E, Redfield RR, Luo Y, Ziaie S, Parsons, RF, Migone TS, Cancro MP, Naji A, Noorchashm.H. B-Lymphocyte Directed Immunotherapy at the Time of Induction Is Insufficient for the Establishment of Humoral Transplantation Tolerance. American Transplant Congress. 2011.
- Vivek K, Rostami S, Mustafa M, Rodriguez E, Redfield RR, Luo Y, Ziaie S, Parsons, RF, Migone TS, Cancro MP, Naji A, Noorchashm.H. BLyS-Directed Immunotherapy Purges Alloreactive Specificities from the Primary B-Cell Repertoire and Promotes Humoral Transplantation Tolerance. American Transplant Congress. 2011.