Vamsi Pavuluri, MD
I am a non-invasive cardiologist with a focus on cardiac imaging at Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute. I treat patients with valvular heart disease, coronary artery disease, arrhythmias, heart failure and other heart complications. I am fellowship-trained in advanced imaging including cardiac MRIs, cardiac CTs, echocardiography and nuclear cardiology.
I became interested in a career in medicine as I watched my uncle’s career as a cardiologist. I love the variety of patients I get to work with. One day, I may help someone facing a severe cardiac emergency and provide immediate relief. Then I get to care for some patients for decades, developing a unique relationship with them as I provide care throughout their life.
As cardiac care advances at lightning speed, cardiac imaging becomes a vital resource and I hope my knowledge in this area this will aid in providing the best care to my patients.Related Medical Services
- Osmania Medical College, 2007
- University of Connecticut Health Center, 2010, Internal Medicine
- University of Connecticut Health Center, 2012, Internal Medicine
- St Francis Hospital, 2017
- University of Connecticut Health Center, 2016, Cardiovascular Disease
American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
- John W. Boylan Award for Excellence in Ambulatory Care, 2012
- Post neurosurgical meningitis.
ACP Connecticut, 2009
- Aortic dissection -Imaging modalities.
SGIM New England, 2010
- Ghatak, Abhijit, Raja Pullatt, Vamsi Pavuluri, Steven Zweibel, Christopher Clyne, and Jeffrey Kluger.
“Do Changes in Repolarization Predict Outcomes in Patients Undergoing Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy?” Journal of Cardiac Failure 16, no. 8 (August 1, 2010): S61. doi:10.1016/j.cardfail.2010.06.209.
- Pavuluri, Vamsimohan, Sanjeev P. Bhavnani, Craig I. Coleman, Danette Guertin, Christopher A. Clyne, and Jeffery Kluger.
“Impact of Gender on Outcomes in ICD Patients: A Propensity Matched Study.” Journal of the American College of Cardiology57, no. 14s1 (April 5, 2011): E36–E36. doi:10.1016/S0735-1097(11)60036-3.
- Swamy Iyah, Geetha, Afrooz Ardestani, Beth Parker, Shishir Mathur, Vamsi Pavuluri, Donna Polk, and Paul Thompson. “Abstract 14492: Effect of Acute Exercise on Statin Induced Muscle Damage in Exercise Trained Subjects.” Circulation124, no. 21 Supplement (November 22, 2011): A14492.
- Avoiding premature closure in medical diagnosis
SGIM New England 2011
- Lactic Acidosis –Thinking Beyond Sepsis
SGIM New England 2012
- An intracardiac presentation of hepatocellular carcinoma