Marcela Fundaminsky, MD
I am a primary care physician at Memorial Healthcare System. I care for patients with chronic diseases and conditions, including diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, arthritis, heart disease, kidney disease, skin problems, and pulmonary diseases such as asthma and COPD. I also treat everyday conditions such as the common cold, cough, flu, sore throat, ear infections and urinary tract infections.
I was drawn to a career in family medicine because it provides a way for me to help people improve their health and focus on preventive medicine. I enjoy partnering with my patients and working as a team to make positive changes in their health.
I see all my patients as full and complex human beings, not just the condition or concern with which they present. So much in our lives can influence our health, and I believe it is important to factor in all the physical, mental, and spiritual conditions at play to determine the best way forward.
In addition to working with patients and families, I also earned a Master of Public Health degree, which helps me to expand my view and knowledge on health prevention from the individual toward society and communities.
- Universidad Central De Venezuela, 1990
- Jackson Memorial Hospital, 2002, Family Medicine
- Excellence in Behavioral Science, 2002
- Resident Teacher Award, 2002
- Award of Academic Merit, University of Miami, 1999
- Medical School, Top 10% of graduating class, 1990
- American Academy of Family Physician
- Florida Academy of Family Physician