Perla Del Pino-White, DO
Miramar, FL 33029
I am a primary care physician at Memorial Healthcare System. I care for patients with a broad array of medical conditions including hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol, thyroid conditions, mental health conditions and more. I also specialize in women’s health and provide annual wellness exams, breast exams and Pap smears, as well as other preventive visits.
The field of medicine drew my interest as a young child. I frequently visited doctors with my grandparents, and I would imitate the doctor by treating my dolls with potions made with water, leaves and plants. When I was 12 years old, my father, who was always a source of love and encouragement for me, was diagnosed with a smoking-related cancer and died when I was 14. A few years later, my mother and strongest supporter was diagnosed with colon cancer at the young age of 47. Thankfully, she was treated, cured and is a cancer survivor today. These early experiences, among others, sparked the fire within me to help others through a career in medicine.
Neither of my parents went to a doctor on a regular basis for checkups or any type of screening. They only saw the doctor when they had a symptom or felt ill, which for many people is too late. My difficult experience with family illnesses inspired me to become a family physician and promote healthy lifestyles while educating patients on the importance of preventive medicine and the benefits of having a trusted family doctor.
At Memorial Primary Care, communication and access are important to us. We are here for our patients and connect with them in the office and through phone calls and MyChart messages. We also have same or next-day appointments available. I establish relationships with my patients and provide personalized patient encounters. I enjoy being the first contact for most patients and being proactive through genuine communication, education and early diagnosis.
It’s a joy to collaborate with patients to create health plans and celebrate with them as they achieve their personal health goals.
Meet Dr. Del Pino-White
- Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine, 2005
- The Reading Hospital And Medical Center, 2008, Family Medicine
- Exceptional Service Award: Memorial Healthcare System, 2014
- Fiery Spirit Award for the Broward Health Community Health Services Division, 2012
- Penn State University Department of Family Medicine Award of Excellence as a Medical Student Educator, 2008
- American Academy of Family Physicians Award for Excellence in Graduate Medical Education (awarded to only 20 family medicine residents in the U.S.), 2007
- Honorable Mention: Nancy Gelman Foundation Award for Latina Breast Cancer Awareness Project, 2005
- James Westra CMDA Award for International Service, 2002
- Inducted into Osteopathic Service Fraternity 2000 William G. Anderson D.O. Minority Award for Service, 1999
- University of Miami Vice President’s Award for Service, 1998
- James Wilson Bridges MD Medical Society
- Florida Osteopathic Medical Association
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Osteopathic Association
- Christian Community Health Foundation
- “Preventative care during the pandemic and beyond.” Virtual presentation to city of Fort Lauderdale, June 2021.
- “Staying mentally and physically healthy during challenging times.” Virtual presentation to city of Fort Lauderdale, September 2020.
- “Rooted, resilient, rising.” Miami Dade Honors College Colloquium, February 2020.
- “Preventative health through vaccines.” Marathon Health Conference, Stowe, Vermont, August 2019.
- “Domestic violence.” Virtual presentation to city of Fort Lauderdale, October 2018.
- “Understanding hypertension.” City of Fort Lauderdale City Hall, August 2017.
- “BBQ makeover: Staying healthy all summer long.” City of Fort Lauderdale City Hall, July 2016.