Demetrio Castillo, MD
I am a cardiac electrophysiologist at Memorial Healthcare System. I completed residency training at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School in Boston. I then went on to complete a fellowship in cardiology and further training in cardiac electrophysiology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas.
My expertise is in diagnosing and treating the full range of heart rhythm disorders (also called arrhythmias). This includes the implantation and management of pacemakers & defibrillators, and performing minimally invasive catheter ablations for supraventricular tachycardia, atrial fibrillation, and ventricular tachycardia.
Heart rhythm disorders can range from minimally symptomatic to debilitating. Frequently, the need for medications and procedures is driven by the severity of a patient’s symptoms. Some of the conditions we see can be life threatening, but fortunately, we have many good options for evaluation and treatment.
In this rapidly advancing field, my first priority is taking the time for patient-centered care. I enjoy making sure my patients fully understand their condition so they can make a well-informed decision regarding possible treatment options. No single approach is right for everyone.
I love working at Memorial because quality patient care is the priority for every member on our team.
I am fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese.Related Medical Services
- New York University School Of Medicine, 2008
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 2011, Internal Medicine
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 2015, Cardiovascular Disease
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 2017, Electrophysiology
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine