How We Work at Memorial
Committed to Our Patients
At Memorial Healthcare System, our patients are our purpose. A team of nurses and providers works collaboratively to care for them. This level of patient- and family-centered care is woven into everything we do — from making sure parents are comfortable at their child’s bedside to teaching a caregiver what to do when their loved one goes home.
We focus on quality, outcomes, safety and the satisfaction of both patients and staff. We know patients heal better, are safer and avoid many rehospitalizations when they and their loved ones feel supported. Healthcare and hospitalizations are challenging for patients. We strive to make it easier by empowering patients and families and involving them in care planning.
Six South Florida Hospitals
As a nurse, you have options for where you choose to pursue your career. With six hospitals and other locations, Memorial offers comprehensive care throughout South Florida. Each hospital has a chief nursing officer and CEO who report to the system CNO and system CEO.
Locations in Hollywood, Florida
- Memorial Regional Hospital: Our flagship facility is one of Florida’s largest hospitals. Memorial Regional Hospital’s services include a Level One Trauma Center and NICU, the Memorial Cancer Institute, Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute and Memorial Neuroscience Institute.
- Memorial Regional Hospital South: This location offers medical, surgical and rehabilitation services for adults.
- Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital: Trusted by families throughout South Florida, Joe DiMaggio is one of the region’s leading pediatric hospitals. The hospital serves children with needs both big and small.
Location in Miramar, Florida
- Memorial Hospital Miramar: This hospital offers adult and pediatric care, women’s services, a NICU, rehabilitation and a host of other services.
Locations in Pembroke Pines, Florida
- Memorial Hospital West: One of our larger hospitals, Memorial West includes a wide range of adult and pediatric services, including a NICU, women’s services, cancer, cardiac and neurosurgery care, bariatrics and more.
- Memorial Hospital Pembroke: This hospital offers medical and surgical care for adults, including bariatrics, stroke treatment and wound care.
Our Vision Statement
“We, as a community of nurses, will create a culture that inspires the achievement of superior outcomes through a shared vision, professional excellence, interdisciplinary leadership and collaboration.”
“The community is extraordinarily diverse. It's like the mini-United Nations with people from all over the world. You see that reflected in our patients and in our staff.”