Pediatric Residency Program
Program Director's Welcome
Thank you for your interest in the Memorial Healthcare System Pediatric Residency Program at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, the newest, independent, pediatric residency program in the United States.
I am proud of the innovations that have been incorporated into our program that optimize the learning experiences for our residents, such as the “4+2” block rotation design that decreases conflicts between inpatient and outpatient responsibilities. The curriculum spans the gamut of pediatric medicine and includes opportunities in medical research, global and population health and telehealth.
You will benefit from very close working relationships with highly-skilled and exceptionally trained clinical faculty who are dedicated to educating physicians to be prepared for the challenges in health care in the 21st century.
Choosing the right residency program is one of the most important career decisions that you will make and I am confident that our program will provide you with a tremendous opportunity to learn in an environment that is friendly, intimate, academic, and patient and family-centered.
Ronald A. Ford, MD, FAAP
About Our Pediatric Residency Program
Our residency program emphasizes learning that is individualized and allows our residents to guide the trajectory of their training to achieve personal career goals with the guidance of a physician mentor.
- Fully accredited by the ACGME in 2016
- Eight categorical pediatric residents each year
- Community-based continuity clinic
- More than 100 faculty members representing 30 pediatric specialties
- Located in Hollywood, Florida – along Florida's Gold Coast
About Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital
- 226-bed pediatric regional referral center
- 650 physicians on medical staff providing care in more than 30 pediatric medical and surgical specialties
- Recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a "Best Children's Hospital" in multiple specialties
Number of Beds
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU): 84 beds
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU): 30 beds
- Pediatric Intermediate Care Unit: 12 beds
- Pediatric Medical/Surgical Beds: 60 beds
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Unit: 6 beds
- Pediatric Behavioral Health Unit: 12 beds
Some of Our Statistics
See more quality and safety data for our hospital.