I am a non-invasive cardiologist at Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute who cares for patients with a variety of heart concerns including: hypertension, atrial fibrillation, high cholesterol, coronary heart disease, heart failure, chest pain syndromes, shortness of breath, angina, heart valve disease, aortic and mitral valve disease, arrhythmias, congenital heart disease and heart disease during pregnancy. I’m also passionate about preventive care.
Born in Casablanca, Morocco, I grew up in Paris, France, and attended college and medical training in New York. Being a doctor is more than a job for me; it is my identity.
I enjoy establishing long-term relationships and a trusting bond with my patients. I believe in personalized medicine so understanding someone’s medical history, family history and goals are incredibly important.
Most recently, I was appointed to the Florida Chapter of the American College of Cardiology Board of Directors and Women in Cardiology Leadership Council, where I am one of 16 board members and represent District 8 in Hollywood. In addition, I am an associate professor of biology at Yeshiva University Stern College for Women, where I also serve as a mentor for women looking to pursue a career in medicine. I am president of the Jewish Orthodox Women Medical Association Networking Committee.
As an international researcher and speaker, I enjoy giving lectures, talks and press interviews to share important cardiac and health information with the community. Due to this work, I was honored to be one of 15 women awarded the Women in White Coats Heroes award in April 2022.
Related Medical Services
Technion Medical School, 2013
Maimonides Medical Center, 2019, Internal Medicine
Maimonides Medical Center, 2022, Cardiovascular Disease
American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
Awards, Achievements, and More
PublicationsPlease view Dr. Sarah Rosanel’s publications on PubMed.
I am involved in quality research projects aimed at improving care, diversity and equity in medicine, as well as cardiac research to better understand heart disease and improve treatments and outcomes.
Recent research projects include:
- “Correlation Between ST-Segment Elevation in Lead AVR With Left Main Disease and Triple Vessel Disease.” Co-investigator, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, 2017-22.
- “Operator Radiation Exposure During Trans Catheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR).” Co-investigator, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, 2017-22.
- American College of Cardiology, National and Florida Chapter
- American Heart Association
- European Society of Cardiology
- American College of Physicians
- American Society of Preventive Cardiology
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- American Society of Hypertension
- Biophysical Society