Rupinder Kullar, MD
Hollywood, FL 33021
I am a critical care physician at Memorial Hospital Pembroke and Memorial Hospital West. I treat patients in the intensive care units facing life-threatening illnesses and injuries.
One size does not fit all in medicine. That is why I make it a priority to get to know each patient, their family and their unique concerns and lifestyle. With this information, I create personalized care plans that incorporate the latest medical interventions while honoring the personal wishes and beliefs of my patients.
I know from personal experience the stress, worry and difficulties facing a family when a loved one is placed in the intensive care unit. While I know I cannot take the worry and pain away, I try my best to walk them through this difficult time by answering their questions, and making myself available to talk through options and updates.
I earned my medical degree from the UMNJ New Jersey Medical School. I completed an Internal Medicine Residency at the Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia, and a Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship at Medstar Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, DC.
Before joining Memorial Healthcare, I completed a Sleep Medicine Fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania.Related Medical Services
- UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School Program, 2008
- Albert Einstein Medical Center, 2011, Internal Medicine
- Georgetown University Hospital, 2015, Critical Care Medicine
- University Of Pennsylvania, 2016, Sleep Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine-Pulmonary Disease
American Board of Internal Medicine-Sleep Medicine
- 2015-2016: Quality improvement project at the University of Pennsylvania outpatient sleep clinic looking at methods to optimize and improve patient flow and patient/staff satisfaction.
- 2014-2015: Multicenter prospective study to validate the Modified SACS as a screening questionnaire for sleep apnea during pregnancy when compared to Watch PAT home sleep study device.
- 2000-2004: Investigation of neuroplasticity in the hippocampus and song system including RNA probe production and mapping of NR1 NMDA receptor in Zebra Finches and Black-capped Chickadees under Dr. Colin Saldanha, Ph.D. Department of Biological Sciences, Lehigh University.
- Kullar RK, Devarajan S, Pu. A retrospective analysis of pregnant women screened for obstructive sleep apnea and associated adverse maternal and fetal outcomes. Original Investigation Poster Presentation CHEST conference, Austin, TX October 2014. Top 3 poster winner.
- Kullar RK. A Case of Influenza A Presenting with Rhabdomyolysis and Creatine Kinase Above 4 Million. Clinical Vignette CHEST conference Chicago, IL October 2013.
- Kullar RK, Kalgate R. Castleman Disease presenting as fever and cough in a young male. Clinical Vignette ACP Conference Toronto, Canada 2010.
- Kullar RK, Patel NP, Randall JF & Saldanha CJ. (2004) Orthogonal patterns of neuroplasticity in the hippocampus and song system of a food storing songbird. Society for Neuroscience, Cincinnati, OH.
- Kullar RK, Patel NP, Randall JF & Saldanha CJ. (2004) Orthogonal patterns of neuroplasticity in the hippocampus and song system of a food storing songbird. Society for Behavioral Neuroendocrinology, Lisbon, Portugal.
- 8th Annual PA Sleep Society Meeting. An overview of stimulant therapy in hypersomnolence. Presented at Harrisburg, PA.
- DC Thoracic Pulmonary Grand Rounds. Presented at Georgetown University, Washington, DC 2007.
- Clinical Case Presentation. Presented at Albert Einstein Medical Center Grand Rounds, Philadelphia, PA 2010.