Paola Casanova, MD
I am a cardiologist at Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute. I am board certified in cardiology, echocardiography, nuclear cardiology and internal medicine. I’m also a Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI) and a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology.
I help patients manage conditions including coronary artery disease, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, congestive heart failure, arrhythmias, syncope and peripheral artery disease.
I am originally from Peru. I was born in a small town called Chiclayo, located in the northern part of the country. Since I was very young, I was inspired to pursue a career as a cardiologist by my father, who had a heart attack when I was 13 years old. As the oldest sibling, I had to help my mother through that difficult time. I experienced firsthand what a family goes through when a loved one is sick. It helped me see the importance of communication between physicians and families, and to understand that any bit of information can make a difference in a family’s hope and anxiety.
Now, as a cardiologist myself, I cherish the opportunity to become part of each patient’s life. I take my patients by the hand and guide them through the process of their disease. I connect them with the best specialist who can help them, and I’m with them all the way. While some people have to look for ways to serve and help others, I have the chance to do that every day.
In addition to my medical degree, I also hold a master’s degree in healthcare administration. I have seven years of experience in clinical research, five of them serving as a clinical research director.
Related medical services
- Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara, 1995
- Lincoln Medical And Mental Health Center, 2011, Internal Medicine
- Lincoln Medical And Mental Health Center, 2013, Internal Medicine
- Mount Sinai Medical Center, , Cardiovascular Disease
- Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, 2000, Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
- American Society of Echocardiography
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- American College of Cardiology