Kidney Transplant Team
At Memorial Transplant Institute, you're in excellent hands. Our kidney specialists provide the expertise you need with a compassionate approach that eases the transplant process. Our entire team — from transplant nephrologists to nutritionists — is in one place, which helps us offer highly coordinated, customized care before, during and after transplant surgery.
Meet Our Kidney Transplant Specialists
Our kidney transplant team includes highly trained individuals with diverse backgrounds, each with a passion for improving patients' lives through kidney transplantation. We work together to provide you seamless transplant care.
Our comprehensive kidney transplant team includes:
- Transplant nephrologists: These kidney specialists focus on all aspects of kidney care. Our nephrologists use their years of training and experience to determine which patients may benefit from a kidney transplant. They also help patients optimize their health before and after transplant surgery.
- Surgeons: Transplant surgeons perform your surgery. Our surgeons have many years of experience performing complex kidney transplant surgeries.
- Transplant coordinators: From initial testing to post-surgery medication regimens, the transplant experience includes a lot of steps. Our transplant coordinators shepherd patients and their families through the entire process, answering your questions and guiding you along the way.
- Dietitians: Dietitians use their nutrition expertise to help you optimize your health before and after transplant surgery – explaining how food choices can affect conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure and helping you feel your best during your recovery.
- Pharmacists: Our pharmacists have special training in transplant care. They'll closely monitor your medications immediately after transplant surgery and help you understand any new medications you'll need to take moving forward.
- Social workers and financial experts: Our compassionate and knowledgeable support professionals can help you manage lodging, transportation and financial challenges that transplant care may present.
- Living donor specialists: If a friend or family member is interested in donating a kidney to you, our living donor advocates help them through the kidney donation process. Learn more about living kidney donation.
- Other team members: Our team also works with other professionals (such as anesthesiologists) as well as your primary care physician and referring nephrologist to provide the best possible care, at every point in the transplant process.
We're always just a phone call away. To make an appointment or learn more about how we tailor kidney transplant care to you, call 954-265-7450.