I am a pediatric neurosurgeon at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital. I specialize in the care of children and adolescents with disorders of the brain and spine such as Chiari malformations, hydrocephalus, craniosynostosis, intracranial cysts, spina bifida and brain tumors. I have advanced training and extensive experience performing minimally invasive procedures including endoscopic surgery.
I am fascinated by the neurosciences and enjoy the hands-on experience of treating pediatric neurosurgery patients, especially helping them to return to doing the things they enjoy. I treasure working with families and approach the management of each patient as I would if I were treating one of my own family members.
I believe that it is essential for me to educate families so that they can fully understand the diagnosis and be comfortable making treatment decisions. When I meet patients and their parents, they can expect a thorough explanation of the diagnosis and care plan.
In addition to providing patient care, I am also involved in clinical research to further understand and improve treatment options and outcomes for our patients.
Before joining Memorial Healthcare System, I spent ten years on Active Duty in the U.S. Army where I served as the director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Walter Reed Medical Center. I continue to serve in the U.S. Army Reserve and am an adjunct associate professor of surgery and pediatrics at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences F. Edward Hébert School of Medicine in Bethesda, Maryland.
Keck School Of Medicine, 2003
LAC/USC Medical Center, 2004, Neurosurgery
LAC/USC Medical Center, 2010, Neurosurgery
Children's National Medical Center, 2021, Pediatric Neurosurgery
American Board of Neurological Surgery-Neurological Surgery
Awards, Achievements, and More
- AANS/CNS Joint Committee of Military Neurosurgeons
- AANS/CNS Section on Pediatric Neurological Surgery
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Phan T, Davidson L, Keating R: Pediatric Chiari Malformations: Connective tissue hypermobility/EDS and Surgical indications/outcomes. American Syringomyelia & Chiari Alliance Project. Virtual Conference, July 2020.
- Baker V, Hack N, Davidson L: An Interdisciplinary Approach Between Neurosurgery and Neurology for the Treatment of Headaches in the Setting of Aqueductal Stenosis. American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting. Philadelphia, PA, May 2019.
- Gerald TS, Szuflita NS, Miller CA, Curry BP, Horsey ML, Hawksworth J, Davidson L, Cartwright LM: Placement of a Ventriculo-Ureteral Shunt in the Management of Refractory Hydrocephalus. Kimbrough Society of Government Service Urologists. Big Island, HI. January 2019.
- Mossop CM, Severson M, Davidson L, Bell RS: Single Stage Resection and Reconstruction of Calvarial Osseous Lesions Utilizing Pre-Fabricated, Additive Manufactured Titanium Implants - A Case Series. Annual Meeting of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons New Orleans, LA, September 2015.
- Malafronte P, Davidson L, Theeler B: Low grade glioneuronal neoplasm of the third ventricle with PIK3CA mutation. A case report and review of the literature, 90th Annual American Association of Neuropathologists Meeting (#192), Portland, OR, June 2014.
- Rymarczuk GN, Davidson L, Severson M, Armonda R: Use of a Minimally Invasive Retractor System for Retrieval of Intracranial Fragments in Wartime Trauma, AANS Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, April 2013.
- Davidson L, McComb JG: The Safety of the Intraoperative Sacrifice of the Posterior Interhemispheric and Deep Cerebral Veins. Poster Presentation, AANS Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, April 2013.
- Davidson L, McComb JG: The Safety of the Intraoperative Sacrifice of the Deep Cerebral Veins. Oral Presentation, AANS/CNS Pediatric Section Meeting, St. Louis, MO, November 2012.
- Davidson L, McComb JG: The Safety of the Intraoperative Sacrifice of the Deep Cerebral Veins. Oral Presentation, Annual Meeting of the International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery, Sydney, Australia, September 2012.
- Davidson L: Head Shape: When to Consult the Neurosurgeon? Oral Presentation, Uniformed Services Pediatric Seminar, Washington, DC, March 2011.
- Defense Meritorious Service Medal
- Meritorious Service Medal
- AMA Foundation Fund Outstanding Achievement Award
- Graduate and Professional Recognition Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Dr. G. Donald Montgomery Merit Award
- Dr. Barbara Monroe Award
- Dr. David A. Berman Achievement Award
- General Omar N. Bradley Award
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society