Memorial Division of Pulmonology
7369 Sheridan Street Suite 302
Hollywood, FL 33024
Memorial Sleep Center
7369 Sheridan Street Suite 302 B
Hollywood, FL 33024
I was drawn to a career in medicine after watching several family members make a difference in the field. After obtaining my medical degree, I trained extensively in different areas of medicine. I trained in Cuba for family medicine and general surgery, and then came to the U.S. where I trained for two years in general surgery, three years in internal medicine, two years in pulmonology and one year in sleep medicine before becoming an intensivist in Rockville Centre, New York.
Now, as a pulmonologist and sleep medicine physician, I enjoy providing personalized medicine that incorporates the physical and emotional aspects of someone’s condition. I enjoy interacting with my patients each day and witnessing their improvements and knowing that I am helping to make someone’s life a little bit better.
The University of Medical Sciences of Havana, 2003
Jackson Memorial Hospital/University Of Miami, 2014, Surgery
Jackson Memorial Hospital/University Of Miami, 2015, Surgery
St John's Episcopal Hospital -South Shore Divisio, 2018, Internal Medicine
The University of Medical Sciences of Havana, 2009, Surgery
The University of Medical Sciences of Havana, 2006, Family Medicine
NYU Langone Long Island, 2022, Sleep Medicine
SUNY Downstate Medical Center, 2020, Pulmonary Disease
American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine-Pulmonary Disease
Awards, Achievements, and More
- American Thoracic Society
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Association of Sleep Medicine
- “Three metachronous primary lung cancers in a chronic smoker: A case report.” CHEST annual meeting, October 2020, Chicago.
- “A rare case of Pulmonary Sarcomatoid Carcinoma.” CHEST annual meeting, October 2020, Chicago.
- “Congenital unilateral absence of pulmonary artery in adulthood: Case report.” Medical Society of the State of New York annual scientific meeting, March 2018, Buffalo, New York.
- “When home remedy goes wrong: Bilateral ischemic stroke due to baking soda intoxication.” Medical Society of the State of New York annual scientific meeting, March 2018, Buffalo, New York.
- “Severe hyperkalemia without EKG changes!” New York chapter of the American College of Physicians annual scientific meeting, June 2017, Rochester, New York.
- “Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: A hematologic emergency.” Medical Society of the State of New York annual scientific meeting, April 2017, Tarrytown, New York.
- “Fulminant DIC in GYN cancer resection.” New York chapter of the American College of Physicians annual scientific meeting, June 2016, Rye Brook, New York.
- “Empyema from perforated lung abscess and co-existent chylous effusion: Case report.” American Thoracic Society international conference, May 2020, Philadelphia.
- “Pancreatoduodenectomy, surgical treatment of periampullary tumors: Outcomes 2006-09.” The XXXIII International Scientific Meeting of General Surgery, November 2009, Acapulco, Mexico.
- “Early gastric cancer: Presentation of three cases.” The XXXIII International Scientific Meeting of General Surgery, November 2009, Acapulco, Mexico.