Terri-Ann Bennett, MD
Chief, Maternal Fetal Medicine
Memorial Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine
601 North Flamingo Road Suite 408
Pembroke Pines, FL 33028-1015
Memorial Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine
4105 Pembroke Road
Hollywood, FL 33021
I became a doctor to change the face of medicine and eliminate health disparities to practice in an equitable healthcare system. As a Jamaican-born immigrant, I strive to be an asset, ally and advocate for all patients, especially those from diverse backgrounds. In a time when the disparity of maternal morbidity and mortality persists, I use the resources of a large academic community hospital to deliver the specialized care needed for ethnically diverse patients at Memorial.
The word doctor is derived from the Latin word, docere, which means “to teach;” and I take that role very seriously. I have received teaching accolades and pride myself in communicating with my patients in the language they prefer and a style that they can relate to and understand. Connecting and building a strong patient-physician partnership is what I love most about being a doctor. I want people to feel heard, empowered and cared for by a dream-team of experts to accomplish their pregnancy goals for a safe, supported and beautiful experience.
The moment I meet a patient, they become my family and I become their fiercest advocate. Guided by research and evidence-based medicine, I give not only my absolute best but also my heart.
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 2010
NYU Langone, 2014, Obstetrics and Gynecology
NYU Langone, 2017, Maternal Fetal Medicine
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology-Maternal Fetal Medicine
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology-Obstetrics and Gynecology
Awards, Achievements, and More
PublicationsPlease view Dr. Terri-Ann Bennett’s publications on PubMed.
ResearchClinical research helps us advance and improve our delivery of medicine to ensure people from all backgrounds have access to the care and education needed to improve their health. My research interests include the clinical role of ultrasound in placenta accreta spectrum disorders, preterm birth, hypertension, genetic screening tests during pregnancy, health disparities and maternal mortality.
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Diversity & Inclusion in the Workforce Committee
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Invited Speaker. New York State Perinatal Quality Collaborative (NYSPQC) – “COVID-19 vaccination during the perinatal period.” Webinar. 3/2022.
- Panelist. Google Cloud – “Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and Health.” 1/2022.
- Keynote Speaker. Rusk Psychology Grand Rounds. History of Racism in Medicine. 12/2021.
- Lecturer and Panelist. The NYU Community Health Worker Research & Resource Center (CHW-RRC), Caribbean Women’s Health Association (CWHA), NYU Community Engagement Alliance (CEAL) Initiative, NYU-CUNY Prevention Research Center and NYU H+H Clinical and Translational Science Institute Webinar. “COVID-19 Vaccination, Pregnancy and Maternal and Infant Health.” New York, NY. 11/2021.
- Panelist. Mama Glow – “Exploring Your Birth Options.” Webinar. 7/2021.
- Panelist. North American Society for Psychosocial Obstetrics and Gynecology (NASPOG) – “Dying to Have a Baby: Racial Disparities in Maternal Mortality.” Webinar. 5/2021.
- Panelist. The Links Incorporated – “Liberating The Black Birthing Experience: An Empowering Conversation About Reproductive Justice.” Webinar. 4/2021.
- Panelist. New York Public Library Vaccine Session. 4/2021.
- Lecturer and Panelist. First Bethel A.M.E Church and the Paradise Baptist Church Health Ministries, National Black Leadership Commission on Health and CUNY Graduate School of Public Health & Health Policy Town Hall – Harlem Health Initiative. New York, NY. 3/2021.
- Invited Speaker. eGFR at NYU: Shifting Away from Race-Based Calculations. 3/2021.
- Panelist. NYU Meyers LEAD Honors Scholars’ Medical Provider Panel. New York, NY. 3/2021.
- Keynote Speaker. Radiology Grand Rounds, “Feminism and Medicine.” New York University Langone, New York, NY. 2/2021.
- Panelist. Tia Tackles – “Black Maternal Mortality Rate.” Webinar. 12/2020.
- Keynote Speaker. Obstetrics’ and Gynecology Grand Rounds, “The Social Determinants of Maternal Mortality.” New York University Langone, New York, NY. 8/2020.
- Panelist. AskTia - “Why Patient Advocates are Important for BIPOC.” Webinar. 7/2020.
- Invited Speaker. 13th Floor Podcast - “OB-GYN Care for Black Women.” 7/2020.
- Panelist. Maiden Lane Medical’s Women’s Health Weekly Webinar - “Racial and Ethnic Inequalities Affecting Women’s Health.” 6/2020.
- Panelist. 13th Floor Podcast - “We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams.” 6/2020.
- Keynote Speaker. Grand Rounds, Maternal Morbidity and Mortality, Westchester Medical Center, New York Medical College. 2/2020.
- Keynote Speaker. Webinar. Pregnancy Complications in Minority Moms, Nielsen Global Connect. 1/2020.
- Panelist. AskTia - “Women of Color in Wellness and Medicine.” Webinar. 9/2019.
- Keynote Speaker. Senior Mwambo, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL. 5/2017.
- Kouba I, Wei LS, Bennett TA, Aglialoro G, Walker AA, Friedman S, Mehta-Lee SS. The Impact of Telehealth: Adherence to High-Risk Maternity Care During the SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Poster Presentation: Society of Maternal Fetal Medicine Pregnancy Meeting. 2021.
- Bennett TA, Dolin C, Yeager S, Morgan J, Pinson K, Madden N, Francis AP, Roman AS. Fetal Fraction and Adverse Perinatal Outcomes. Oral Presentation (First place winner): The New York Perinatal Society Meeting. 2017.
- Bennett TA, Dolin C, Yeager S, Morgan J, Pinson K, Madden N, Francis AP, Roman AS. Fetal Fraction and Adverse Perinatal Outcomes. Poster Presentation: Society of Maternal Fetal Medicine Pregnancy Meeting. 2017.
- Dolin C, Bennett TA, Pinson K, Morgan J, Madden N, Yeager S, Dziadosz M, Roman AS. Is there an association between placental location and cell-free DNA fetal fraction? Poster Presentation: Society of Maternal Fetal Medicine Pregnancy Meeting. 2017.
- Dolin C, Francis AP, Honart West A, Bennett TA, Roman AS. Vasa previa: experience of twenty cases. Poster Presentation: American Institute of Ultrasound In Medicine Annual Convention. 2017.
- Bennett TA, Dziadosz M, Dolin C, et al. Is the second-trimester ultrasound predictive of extremes of birthweight? Poster presentation: American Institute of Ultrasound In Medicine Annual Convention, 2016; New York Obstetrical Society. 2016.
- Bennett TA, Zelop C. Maternal Code Blue: Controversies in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation in Pregnancy. Oral Presentation: Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine 35th Annual Pregnancy Meeting. 2015.
- Timor-Tritsch IE, Monteagudo A, Bennett TA, Foley C, Ramos J, Kaelin Agten A. A new minimally invasive treatment for cesarean scar pregnancy and cervical pregnancy. Oral presentation: Bruce K. Young Research Retreat. 2015.
- Rosner JY, Gutierrez M, Dziadosz M, Pham A, Bennett TA, Dolin C, Herbst A, Lee S, Roman AS. Prehypertension in Early Pregnancy: What is the Significance? Poster Presentation: Society for Reproductive Investigation 62nd Annual, 2015; New York Obstetrical Society. 2015.
- Bennett TA, Monteagudo A, Timor-Tritsch I. Twin Pregnancy with Complete Hydatiform Mole and Coexisting Viable Fetus. Poster Presentation: American Institute of Ultrasound In Medicine Annual Convention. 2015.
- Dziadosz M, Gutierrez M, Bennett TA, Rosner JY, Cordoba M, Monteagudo M, Roman A. A Systematic Review of Concomitant Twin Complete Molar Gestations at Term and Recommendations for Care. Poster Presentation: American Institute of Ultrasound In Medicine’s Annual Convention and Society for Reproduction Investigation 62nd Annual Scientific Meeting. 2015.
- Rosner JY, Dziadosz M, Bennett TA, Dolin C, Herbst A, Lee S, Roman A. Pre-Hypertension in the First Trimester, What Is the Significance? Poster Presentation: Society for Reproduction Investigation 62nd Annual Scientific Meeting. 2015.
- Rosner JY, Dziadosz M, Bennett TA, Uquillas K, Gutierrez M, Pham A, Roman A. Prehypertension in Early Versus Late Pregnancy. Poster Presentation: Society for Reproduction Investigation 62nd Annual Scientific Meeting. 2015.
- Rosner JY, Dziadosz M, Bennett TA, Uquillas K, Gutierrez M, Pham A, Roman A. Does Body Mass Index (BMI) At Delivery Predict Adverse Outcomes? Poster Presentation: Society for Reproduction Investigation 62nd Annual Scientific Meeting. 2015.
- Rosner JY, Dziadosz M, Bennett TA, Uquillas K, Gutierrez M, Pham A, Roman A. When is Obesity a Risk Factor? Poster Presentation: Society for Reproduction Investigation 62nd Annual Scientific Meeting. 2015.
- Bennett TA. “Dying to have Baby: Maternal Mortality in the United States and New York City.” New York University Langone Medical Center Chief Grand Rounds. 2014.
- Roman A, Bennett TA, Fox N, Saltzman D, Klauser C, Rebarber A. Cervical length in the second and early third trimester as a predictor of cesarean delivery in singleton gestations with a history of prior spontaneous preterm birth. Oral Presentation: American Institute of Ultrasound In Medicine Annual Meeting, New York, NY, and Poster Presentation: The New York Perinatal Society, 2013; New York Obstetrical Society. 2013.
- Emergency Contraception in Miami-Dade County: Is it Accessible? Poster Presentation: Social Medicine Advocacy Research and Training (SMART) Forum. 2010.
- Canarsie Courier feature - NYU Langone Hospital—Brooklyn Recognizes Remarkable Women, 2021
- NYU Grossman School of Medicine Medical Education Innovations and Scholarship Conference Award, 2020
- Fellow Teaching Award, New York University Medical Center, 2017
- First Place Oral Presentation, The New York Perinatal Society, 2017