Awards and honors
- Scholarship for Superior Academic Achievement, 1987-1990
- Distinguished Teaching Award, 1994
- Excellence in Teaching awarded by Graduating Medical School Class of NY Medical College , 2000
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Medical Association
Research & recent publications
- Diogenes T. Cuevas, Eliseo J. Rondon, Ruben D. Carrasco. Nutritional assessment of burn patients using biochemical and anthropometric indicators in the Pearl F. Ort Intensive Burn Unit at Dr. Luis E. Aybar Hospital, Santo Domingo, D.R. The Family MD Journal, January-June 1995, vol. 5, No 1, pp72-75.
- Rondon E, Venkataraman R. Afelimomab led to a modest mortality benefit in patients with severe sepsis and elevated interleukin-6 levels. Crit Care 2005, 9:E20.