Atif Hussein, MD
Chief of Oncology/Hematology Services, Memorial Cancer Institute
Dr. Atif Hussein earned his degree in medicine from American University of Beirut and his master’s degree in medical management from Tulane University. He is board-certified in internal medicine, medical oncology and hematology.
His previous positions include Assistant Professor in Hematology/Oncology at the University of Miami and Duke University Medical Center; Director of Clinical Research in South Florida for Response Oncology; and Deputy Director of Cancer Research for Columbia South Florida. He was also the principal investigator on trials through the Mount Sinai Community Clinical Oncology Program for four years. Dr. Hussein has received grants and awards for his research in ovarian cancer and chemotherapy-induced alopecia.
Dr. Hussein chairs Memorial Healthcare System’s ethics committee and is a member of the chemotherapy safety committee and hematology/oncology peer review committee. He also is active in the community as a board member of the Broward Chapter of the American Cancer Society, and as a member of the Healthcare Council of Gilda’s Club South Florida.
Meet Dr. Hussein
- American University, Beirut, 1984
- American University Hospital, 1985, Internal Medicine
- University Of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1987, Hematology
- University Of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1989, Oncology
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Hematology
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Medical Oncology
- American Cancer Society Clinical Onocology Career Development Award
- Baker-Norton Pharmaceutical
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- American College of Physician Executives
- American Society for Clinical Oncology
- Principal investigator for all cooperative groups, non-breast study open via-Memorial Cancer Institute affiliated with NCCTG