Atif Hussein, MD
Medical Director, East Operations-Adult Hematology & Oncology
Director, Hematology & Oncology Fellowship Program
Dr. Atif Hussein earned his degree in medicine from American University of Beirut and his master’s degree in medical management from Tulane University. He is board-certified in internal medicine, medical oncology and hematology.
His previous positions include Assistant Professor in Hematology/Oncology at the University of Miami and Duke University Medical Center; Medical Director of Memorial Cancer Institute. Dr. Hussein has received grants and awards for his research in ovarian cancer and chemotherapy-induced alopecia.
Dr. Hussein chairs Memorial Healthcare System’s Cancer Committee and Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee. He is the Medical Director for Oncology Cancer Research for the Memorial Cancer Institute.
Meet Dr. Hussein
- American University, Beirut, 1984
- American University Hospital, 1985, Internal Medicine
- University Of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1987, Hematology
- University Of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1989, Oncology
American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine-Medical Oncology
- American Cancer Society Clinical Oncology Career Development Award
- Baker-Norton Pharmaceutical
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- American College of Physician Executives
- American Society for Clinical Oncology
- Principal investigator for all cooperative groups, non-breast study open via-Memorial Cancer Institute affiliated with NCCTG