Kak-Chen Chan, MD
Chief of Pediatric Cardiovascular and Interventional Services, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital
Dr. Kak-Chen Chan is a pediatric cardiologist with nearly three decades of experience in interventional cardiology and echocardiography in the United States and abroad.
He comes to Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital from Denver, Colorado, where he served as Associate Professor at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Director of Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship Training, and Director of the Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiac Catheter Laboratory at The Children's Hospital. Prior to that, he was a consultant pediatric cardiologist at Glenfield Hospital in Leicester, England, and an honorary clinical lecturer at the University of Leicester School of Medicine.
Other positions include: senior registrar in pediatric cardiology at Birmingham Children's Hospital in England; research registrar in pediatric cardiology at the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh, Scotland; research registrar and senior registrar in pediatric cardiology at Killingbeck Hospital in Leeds, England; and pediatric cardiologist at General Hospital Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. Dr. Chan is a former member of the editorial board for the International Journal of Cardiology.
Meet Dr. Chan
- Royal College Of Surgeons-Edinburgh, 1989, Pediatrics
- Fellow, Society of Catheterization, Angiography and Intervention, 2002
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology, 2000
- Member, Association of European Pediatric Cardiologists, 1998
- Member, British Pediatric Cardiac Association, 1991
- Member, British Cardiac Society, 1992
- Fellow, Royal College of Pediatricians and Child Health (UK), 1997
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians (London), 1994
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh), 1993