Brian Cauff, MD
Associate Medical Director, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Services
I’m a pediatric hematologist-oncologist, specializing in childhood blood disorders and cancer. I’ve always been interested in pediatrics. As a medical student, I had the opportunity to attend a camp for children with chronic medical conditions and really enjoyed my time with and exposure to cancer patients. That experience led me to a career in pediatric hematology-oncology.
What I most enjoy about my specialty is the bond that is formed over time between me and my patients. It’s also very rewarding to be able to help people navigate a very scary time in their lives. My patients almost always are the light that leads their parents and families along a difficult journey. In most cases, moms and dads are able to manage the situation not “for their kids,” but “because of their kids.” And I love to witness that.
I want my patients and their families to know that I’m very committed to my job and that I do my best to treat each of my patients individually and devote to them the time they deserve. I’m proud of the impact I’ve had on my patients and their families, beyond just treating a disease.
Childhood cancer research is a near and dear cause to me. I’ve helped raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, and shaved my head in support of the St. Baldrick’s Foundation, an organization dedicated to funding childhood cancer research.
When I’m not at work, I enjoy spending time with my wife, kids and family.
Meet Dr. Cauff
- University Of Miami Medical School, 1999
- Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med, 2002, Pediatrics
- Univ Of Texas Southwestern Med Sch, 2005, Pediatric Oncology and Hematology
- American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatric Oncology and Hematology
- American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatrics
- American Society of Hematology, 2002-present
- American Society of Clinical Oncology, 2002-present
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, 2002-present
- American Academy of Pediatrics, 1999-2002