I am an endocrinologist at Memorial Healthcare System, providing care for patients with diabetes, thyroid disease, adrenal, bone and pituitary disorders.
I began my career as an internal medicine physician, and after five years, decided to go for further training to focus on endocrinology. I am a huge proponent of health and nutrition, maintaining a healthy weight, and making exercise a regular part of your life.
Caring for patients means that I see the potential in them, and try to motivate them in order to make small, incremental changes so that they can improve and better manage their medical conditions. These changes often have a ripple effect. Many times, I find that by helping patients address and manage their endocrine disorders, they experience improvements with other medical conditions; boosting their quality of life and their whole sense of well-being.
The most rewarding part of my job is hearing how the changes patients have made have improved their lives.
Univ Nacional Pedro Henriquez Urena, 2003
Norwalk Hospital, 2007, Internal Medicine
Norwalk Hospital, 2009, Internal Medicine
University Of Florida-Gainesville, 2018, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
American Board of Internal Medicine-Endocrinology Diabetes and Metabolism
Awards, Achievements, and More
During my fellowship training, I performed research exploring the care of cystic fibrosis and diabetes. My other research interests include hormone-producing ovarian tumors. Past research projects include:
- 2017-18 Quality improvement in cystic fibrosis management, University of Florida, Gainesville FL
- 2008-09 Quality improvement in osteoporosis treatment for patients with hip fracture, Norwalk Hospital, Norwalk CT
- Associate of the Endocrine Society
- Associate of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Associate of the American College of Physicians
- Top 10 Doctors– City of Hollywood FL
- On-Time Doctor, Hollywood FL, Miami FL
- Patients’ Choice Award, Hollywood FL, Miami FL
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition, Hollywood FL