Memorial Center For Integrative Endocrine Surgery
1150 North 35th Avenue Suite 200
Hollywood, FL 33021
Memorial Center For Integrative Endocrine Surgery
900 Glades Road Suite 500
Boca Raton, FL 33431
I was inspired to pursue a career in medicine after witnessing many family members weather health crises. I was drawn to surgery during my clinical training because of the way it can immediately impact someone’s life and health. It’s a joy and a privilege to use my surgery skills and expertise to help others.
When working with patients, I help them understand their diagnosis and the next steps for care. This, as well as a trusting relationship built on respect, effective communication and listening, helps them be active participants in the decision-making process and possess confidence in their care plan.
New York University School Of Medicine, 2013
Mount Sinai Medical Center - GME, 2014, Surgery
Mount Sinai Medical Center - GME, 2018, Surgery
University Of California San Francisco, 2019, Endocrine Surgery
American Board of Surgery-Surgery
Awards, Achievements, and More
PublicationsPlease view Dr. Daniela Treitl publications on PubMed.
- American Association of Endocrine Surgeons
- Association of Women Surgeons
- American Thyroid Association
- Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract
- American College of Surgeons
- Treitl, D. Hypercalcemia/Hyperparathyroidism. Grand Rounds Presentation November 19, 2021. Emerson Hospital, Concord, MA, USA.
- Treitl, D. Primary Hyperparathyroidism: an under-diagnosed and under-treated disease. Grand Rounds Presentation September 15, 2021. Lowell General Hospital, Lowell, MA, USA.
- Ajabshir, N., Treitl, D., Ben-David, K., Bao, P. Pre-operative Timeline of Resectable Pancreatic Cancer in a Community Setting. Presented at AHPBA; March 5, 2020; Miami Beach, FL.
- Treitl, D. What’s new in Endocrine Surgery? Department of Surgery Grand Rounds Presentation April 17, 2019. University of Toledo, Toledo, OH, USA.
- Treitl, D., Hope, T.A., Kluijfhout, W.P., Jain, M., Seib, C.D., Shen, W.T., Gosnell, J.E., Roman, S.A., Sosa, J.A., Duh, Q., & Suh, I. Intensity of 18F-fluorocholine uptake on PET imaging is correlated with disease severity in primary hyperparathyroidism. Presented at American Association of Endocrine Surgeons Annual Meeting; April 7-9, 2019; Los Angeles, CA.
- Treitl, D., Seib, C.D., Gosnell, J.E. Preventing delays in diagnosis of MEN2B, a plea for recognition of phenotypic abnormalities. Presented at MEN 2019: 16th International Workshop on Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia; March 26-29, 2019; Houston, TX.
- Ajabshir, N., Treitl, D., Jorge, I., Bao, P., Shaw, C.M., Caban, A.M., Digman, C., & Ben-David, K. Laparoscopic Right Adrenalectomy for Pheochromocytoma in Situs Inversus Totalis. Presented at South Florida Chapter of the ACS 28th Annual Fellow, Resident, and Medical Student Surgical Research Forum; March 28, 2017; Weston, FL.
- Grossman, R. A., Treitl, D., Hurtado, M., Willis, I. Pericardial Small Bowel Tamponade. Presented at SAGES 2017 Annual Meeting; March 22-25, 2017; Houston, TX.
- Treitl, D., Kantrowitz, A., Lasner, T., Unger, S., & Davies, J. Technique for Laparoscopic Assisted Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt. Presented at The American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress; October 16-20, 2016; Washington, D.C.
- Treitl, D., Pirela, D., El Hussein, S., Rizer, M., & Mesko, T. Synchronous Occurrence of Primary Thyroid Lymphoma and Multifocal Papillary Carcinoma with Review of Literature. Presented at 86th Annual Meeting of the American Thyroid Association. September 21-25, 2016; Denver, CO.
- Pirela, D., Treitl, D., Ghaffaripour, T., Manzano, A., & Mesko, T. Follicular Variant Papillary thyroid cancer with metastases to the bone. Presented at 86th Annual Meeting of the American Thyroid Association. September 21-25, 2016; Denver, CO.
- Treitl, D., & Ben-David, K. Magnetic Sphincter Augmentation for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease Management Following Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy. Presented at The Digestive Disease Week; May 21-24, 2016; San Diego, CA
- Treitl, D., Betancourt, M., Muddasani, K.P., & Wodnicki, H. Primary mantle cell lymphoma involving the entire colon. Presented at Chicago Colorectal Symposium; April 2-3, 2016; Chicago, IL.
- Abouzeid, M., Horwitz, J., Treitl, D., Ogilvie, J., Heller, K., & Patel, N. The Relationship of Intraoperative Identification of Parathyroid Glands to Postoperative Hypoparathyroidism after Total Thyroidectomy for Cancer. Presented at 9 th Annual Academic Surgical Congress; February 2-4, 2014; San Diego, CA.
- Greene, I., Youn, H., Treitl, D., Schwack, B., Fielding, G.A., Ren-Fielding, C., & Kurian, M. The Utility of the Surgical Apgar Score as Compared to Other Surgical Risk Assessments in Bariatric Surgery. Presented at The American College of Surgeons' 99th Clinical Congress; October 6-10, 2013; Washington, D.C.
- Slobodyanyuk, K., Treitl, D., Sobotova, L., Sevcikova, L., Liu, Y.H., & Weizman, M. Factors Associated with Behavior Problems in Children in Slovakia. Presented at International Health Week; November 2010; NYU School of Medicine; New York, NY.
- Bionda, N., Treitl, D., Stawikowski, M., & Cudic, P. Structure-Antibacterial Activity Relationship of Cyclic Lipodepsipeptide Antibiotic Fusaricidin A. Presented at The 21st American Peptide Symposium; June 7-12, 2009; Bloomington, IN.
- Klausner Award for Best Case Report 2016, 2017
- Surgical Research Resident of the Year 2016, 2017
- Recipient of 2016 ACS Leadership Conference and Advocacy Summit Grant