Medical Director, Adult Otolaryngology
I am a board-certified otolaryngologist and medical director of General Otolaryngology/Head and Neck surgery at Memorial Healthcare System. I care for patients with disorders of the ear, nose, and throat, and specialize in head and neck surgery.
I was born and raised in Jamaica in a tight-knit community where we all rallied together to help anyone who was ill. It was through this tradition and community support that I learned the importance of caring for the sick, and it inspired me to pursue a career in medicine.
I was drawn to otolaryngology because I’m enamored with the intricacy of the anatomy of the head and neck and enjoy the variety of the work involved in this field of medicine. I love that my job encompasses long-term patient care as well as performing surgery. This means I get the joy of building relationships with my patients while also the immediate satisfaction of improving someone's life through surgery.
At Memorial, we have a collaborative approach to care, which is especially important for those with complex medical needs. Many conditions affecting the head and neck also impact other parts of the body or other medical conditions. I work closely with other Memorial specialists and subspecialists to ensure you receive comprehensive, integrated treatment that considers all your needs.
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Ctr, 2008
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Ctr, 2012, Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
American Board of Otolaryngology-Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
Awards, Achievements, and More
- “Surgical Outcomes in Laser Stapedotomy: Metallic Bucket-Handle Versus Teflon Loop Piston Prosthesis,” Department of Otolaryngology, SUNY- Downstate Medical Center, 2010
- “Treatment Outcome of Advanced Laryngeal Cancer: The VA Study Revisited,” Department of Otolaryngology, SUNY-Downstate Medical Center, 2010
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- The Triological Society
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- “Treatment Outcome of Advanced Laryngeal Cancer at the Brooklyn VA,” AAO-HNS Annual Meeting, 2012
- “Zenker’s Diverticulum,” Department of Otolaryngology Grand Rounds, SUNY-Downstate Medical Center, 2011
- “Ethical Oversight in Clinical Research,” AAO-HNS Annual Meeting, 2011
- “Migrating Foreign Body After Dental Procedure,” Annual Frank E. Lucente Research Day, Long Island College Hospital, 2010
- “Ethical Oversight in Clinical Research,” Annual Frank E. Lucente Research Day, Long Island College Hospital, 2010
- “Migrating Foreign Body After Dental Procedure,” Combined Sections Meeting of the Triological Society, 2010
- “Laryngeal Trauma,” Department of Otolaryngology Grand Rounds, SUNY-Downstate Medical Center, 2010
- Magna Cum Lauder, State University of New York-Binghamton University, 2000 -2004
- Dean’s List, State University of New York-Binghamton University, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
- Golden Key International Honor Society
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society