I am a pediatric endocrinologist at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital. I treat patients with thyroid disorders, diabetes, short stature, metabolic syndrome, and pubertal and lipid disorders.
I knew at an early age that I wanted to be a physician. I love the special connections that I develop with my patients and their caregivers, and knowing that I am helping my patients to grow and thrive.
I try to make sure every patient feels comfortable with me. I want them to feel at ease and confident in the steps we are taking to improve their health. I pride myself on being a top performing physician at my previous clinical positions as well as maintaining excellent patient satisfaction outcomes.
Before joining Memorial Healthcare System, I was the medical director of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes at Driscoll Children's Hospital in Texas.
Related Medical Services
Universidad Evangelica De El Salvador, 1996
Lincoln Medical And Mental Health Ctr Prog, 2003, Pediatrics
Lincoln Medical And Mental Health Ctr Prog, 2005, Pediatrics
Military Hospital of El Salvador, 1999, Family Medicine
Social Security Health System, 2002, Family Medicine
Winthrop University Hospital, 2008, Pediatric Endocrinology
American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatric Endocrinology
American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatrics
Awards, Achievements, and More
- Flores M, DelaRosa D. Novel Mutation of the Tissue Alkaline Phosphatase Tissue-Nonspecific Gene Detected in a 2 year-old with Mild Hypophosphatasia. Submitted for poster presentation atthe Annual Endocrine Society Meeting in June 2013, San Francisco, CA. Abstract # P1-640
- Karen S. Fernández, Reuben Antony, Rishi R. Lulla, Mauricio Flores, Valeria C. Benavides, Craig Mitchell. Brainstem Glioma Responsive to Pegvisomant and Chemotherapy in a Patient with NF-1 related Optic Pathway Glioma and Growth Hormone Excess. Neuro Oncol 14(suppl 1): i74. June 2012.
- Flores M, Kim J. Phenotypic Expression of a Pre-Pubertal Girl with STAR syndrome due to a Full Deletion of FAM53 gene and Response to Recombinant Human Growth Hormone. Poster presentation at the Annual Endocrine Society Meeting in June 2010, San Diego, CA. Abstract # P1-676.
- Flores M, Dave-Sharma, S, Eating Habits, Lifestyle and Lipid Profile in Overweight Hispanic Children and Adolescents of the South Bronx, New York. 87th Annual Meeting of The Endocrine Society, San Diego, CA, June 4-7, 2005, Abstract # P1-720 pg. 350.
- Flores M, Yeh, JK, Castro-Magana, M. Combined Effect of Risedronate and Prostaglandin E2 on Bone Metabolism of Hypophysectomized Rats. 17th Annual Meeting and Clinical Congress, May 2008, Orlando Florida. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologist (AACE), abstract # 516 pg. 65-66 and Pediatric Academic Society and Lawson and Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society Meeting, May 2008, Honolulu, Hawaii. Abstract # 5817.4
- Flores M, Castro-Magana, Morbidly Obese Child with Dysmetabolic Syndrome and Positive GAD-65 AB. 5th Annual Sherman M. Holvey Forum in Diabetes, February 2007, San Antonio, Texas.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Lawson & Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society
- Endocrine Society
- National Lipid Association
- Novel Mutation of the Tissue Alkaline Phosphatase Tissue-Nonspecific Gene Detected in a 2 year-old with Mild Hypophosphatasia. Submitted for poster presentation at the Annual Endocrine Society Meeting in June 2013, San Francisco, CA. Abstract # P1-640
- Eating Habits, Lifestyle and Lipid Profile in Overweight Hispanic Children and Adolescents of the South Bronx, New York” presented at the Endocrine Society Annual Meeting, June 2005, San Diego, California
- Combined Effect of Risedronate and Prostaglandin E2 on Bone Metabolism of Hypophysectomized Rats. Presented at the Lawson Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society Annual Meeting, May 2007, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Late-onset Congenital Hypothyroidism with Progressive Pituitary Dysfunction due to PROP-1 Gene Mutation, presented at the New York Thyroid Club Annual Meeting, Winthrop University Hospital, April 2006.
- Congenital Hyperinsulinism, A De Novo Mutation Discovered, presented at the Long Island Clinical Endocrinologist Annual Meeting, Winthrop University Hospital, October 2007.
- Faculty Award: Teaching Attending of the Year 2015, Driscoll Children’s Hospital Residency Program
- Faculty Award: 1st Runner up, Teaching Attending of the Year 2010. University of Chicago at Peoria, Illinois, Residency Program