I am a physician at Memorial Urgent Care Center, where I treat patients with a wide variety of medical concerns.
I am a trained family physician with experience in treating chronic medical conditions, as well as detecting and treating emergent conditions that require a higher level of care. While many patients have primary care physicians, sometimes it can be difficult for them to get an appointment or get to the office when a medical situation arises. It gives me great satisfaction knowing that I can step in and provide same-day care when they need it most.
At Memorial, we're not only able to provide immediate medical attention, but can also direct our patients to specialists, primary care doctors (if they don’t already have one) or other support services within our robust network to help them meet their health goals and get the continuum of care that they need.
In addition to my work at Memorial, I also enjoy participating in medical missions to Latin America, including Venezuela and the Dominican Republic.
Related Medical Services
Instituto Superior De Ciencias Medicas De Camaguey, 1993
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine, 2003, Family Medicine
Instituto Superior De Ciencias Medicas, 1993, Transitional
Instituto Superior De Ciencias Medicas De Camaguey, 1995, Surgery
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine, 2005, Family Medicine
American Board of Family Medicine-Family Medicine
Awards, Achievements, and More
My research has focused primarily on exploring infectious diseases and treatment options for patients with HIV. Previous research and scientific presentations include:
- Fusco, G. P., Justice, A. C., Becker, S. L., Raffanti, S. P., Coll-Erickson, P., & Fusco, J. S. (2002, July). Strategies for obtaining consistent diagnoses for cause of death in an HIV observational cohort study. Poster session (ref. #29845) presented at the XIV International AIDS Conference, Barcelona, for the CHORUS program.
- Fusco, G. P., Justice, A. C., Becker, S. L., Raffanti, S. P., Coll-Erickson, P., & Fusco, J. S. (2002, July). Causes of Death in the era of HAART: Findings from the CHORUS observational cohort. Poster session presented at the XIV International AIDS Conference, Barcelona, for the CHORUS Program.
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Florida Chapter AAFP
- American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine
- UCAOA Urgent Care Association of America
- Florida Medical Association