Raul Rolon Torres, MD
I am a physiatrist at Memorial Healthcare System. I care for patients who are currently in the hospital for a variety of illnesses and injuries. This includes patients recovering from stroke, brain injury, orthopedic trauma, as well as other neurologic disorders such as Parkinson's disease, Guillain Barre syndrome, Encephalopathy, and others.
I was inspired to become a rehabilitation physician after I suffered multiple injuries in a motorcycle accident as a young adult. At the time, I was interested in medicine but unaware of the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation. Once I experienced the involvement and dedication of physicians in the field during my recovery, I realized the value and began considering rehabilitation as a career.
I love the team collaboration and multidisciplinary approach to care at Memorial. I think it's instrumental in optimizing function, educating patients, involving families in patient care and overall improving a patient's recovery experience following catastrophic illnesses and injuries.
When working with patients, my goal is to assist in optimizing his/her functional abilities so they are able to return to a fulfilling life despite potential physical, psychological or cognitive limitations.
Related Medical Services
- Ponce School Of Medicine, 1995
- Metrohealth Medical Center, 1999, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- September 2004, 10th Annual Brain Injury Conference, Baptist Hospital of Miami, Mock Rehabilitation Staff Meeting with pediatric TBI patient, a case study
- October 1998, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, OH, Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome.
- 1997, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, OH, Locked in Syndrome.