Lital Reitblat, MD
I am a pediatric endocrinologist at Memorial Healthcare System. I care for patients with diabetes, endocrine disorders and those with obesity.
Growing up, I saw firsthand how pediatric diabetes could affect the life of a child and their whole family. That experience inspired me to devote my life to helping families deal with chronic endocrine disorders.
I love my work with children and their families. Children have such engaging personalities and I enjoy helping to improve their daily life while getting to know them through the years.
When I first meet parents, many are worried about being judged as we discuss their child's obesity or diabetes management. I take a very positive approach to each case. No matter what the situation, we will focus on taking positive steps together to improve your child's health.
In addition to providing patient care, I am passionate about teaching the next generation of physicians. I have served as an affiliate assistant professor of pediatrics at the University of Miami and am excited to participate in teaching new physicians in training at Memorial.
Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Reitblat
- University of Florida College of Medicine, 2009
- Jackson Memorial Hospital, 2012, Pediatrics
- Yale University School Of Medicine, 2015, Pediatric Endocrinology
American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatrics
- J Tsikis, A Vassilopoulos, C Wilcocks, L Reitblat, E Blanco, S Nicholls, J Valenzuela, RM Wolf. Few Pediatric Diabetes Patients Access Outpatient Psychotherapy following Screening and Referral. Oral presentation, ADA June 2018.
- L Reitblat, R Whittemore, SA Weinzimer, WV Tamborlane, LS Sadler. Life With Type 1 Diabetes: Views of Hispanic Adolescents and Their Clinicians. Diabetes Educator, Aug 2016.
- “Overview of Puberty for Non‐Endocrinologists,” Chris Evert Children’s Hospital Pediatrics Grand Rounds 2016
- “Exercise Concerns for Youth with Type 1 Diabetes,” American Diabetes Association Talk, 2016