Lital Reitblat, MD
I am a pediatric endocrinologist at Memorial Healthcare System. I care for patients with diabetes, endocrine disorders and those with obesity.
Growing up, I saw firsthand how pediatric diabetes could affect the life of a child and their whole family. That experience inspired me to devote my life to helping families deal with chronic endocrine disorders.
I love my work with children and their families. Children have such engaging personalities and I enjoy helping to improve their daily life while getting to know them through the years.
When I first meet parents, many are worried about being judged as we discuss their child's obesity or diabetes management. I take a very positive approach to each case. No matter what the situation, we will focus on taking positive steps together to improve your child's health.
In addition to providing patient care, I am passionate about teaching the next generation of physicians. I have served as an affiliate assistant professor of pediatrics at the University of Miami and am excited to participate in teaching new physicians in training at Memorial.
Related Medical Services
- University of Florida College of Medicine, 2009
- Jackson Memorial Hospital, 2012, Pediatrics
- Yale University School Of Medicine, 2015, Pediatric Endocrinology
- American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatric Endocrinology
- American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatrics
- J Tsikis, A Vassilopoulos, C Wilcocks, L Reitblat, E Blanco, S Nicholls, J Valenzuela, RM Wolf. Few Pediatric Diabetes Patients Access Outpatient Psychotherapy following Screening and Referral. Oral presentation, ADA June 2018.
- L Reitblat, R Whittemore, SA Weinzimer, WV Tamborlane, LS Sadler. Life With Type 1 Diabetes: Views of Hispanic Adolescents and Their Clinicians. Diabetes Educator, Aug 2016.
- “Overview of Puberty for Non‐Endocrinologists,” Chris Evert Children’s Hospital Pediatrics Grand Rounds 2016
- “Exercise Concerns for Youth with Type 1 Diabetes,” American Diabetes Association Talk, 2016