Galia Napchan Pomerantz, MD
I am medical director of the Pulmonary Neuromuscular Services Program and a pediatric pulmonologist at the Cystic Fibrosis and Pulmonary Center at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital. I treat patients with a variety of pulmonary issues including asthma, Bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD) due to prematurity, recurrent pneumonia, chronic cough, patients who are ventilator dependent, patients with sickle cell disease who have respiratory symptoms, cystic fibrosis and sleep disordered breathing.
What I love the most about my work is the interaction with the families. I dedicate the time necessary to spend with each family to listen to their concerns, and do everything in my power to address and treat their child. It’s so rewarding to get to know a child and their family, and see how I am able to make a difference in their life.
Prior to joining Memorial, I was assistant professor of Pediatrics at the University of Miami's Miller School of Medicine for five years. During that time, I was also the director of the Asthma Center and the Infant Pulmonary Function Test Laboratory of the Department of Pediatric Pulmonology at Jackson Memorial Hospital.
Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Napchan Pomerantz
- Universidad De Buenos Aires, Facultad de Medicina, 1992
- Univ Of Miami-Jackson Memorial Med Ctr, 2004, Pediatrics
- Jackson Memorial Hospital, 2002, Pediatric Pulmonology
- American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatric Pulmonology
- American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatrics
- American Thoracic Society Travel Award Grant, 2002
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Co-Investigator, Double-Blind, Multicenter, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study on Acid Reflux in Asthma
- Co-Investigator, A Phase 3, Double-Blind, Multicenter, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial with Aztreonam Lysinate for Inhalation in Cystic Fibrosis Patients with Pulmonary P Aeruginosa Requiring Frequent Antibiotics
- Co-Investigator, A Pivotal Phase 3 Study of MEDI-524 (Numax), an Enhanced Potency Humanized Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) Monoclonal Antibody, for the Prophylaxis of Serious RSV Disease in High-Risk Children
- Co-Investigator, HealthSpark 2: Improving Asthma Care for Preschool Children
- “Hemoptysis in Children,” Master of Pediatrics, 2008
- “Asthma Therapy,” Master of Pediatrics, 2007