Thomas Mele, MD
I am an urgent care physician at Memorial Healthcare System, where I provide care for patients with a variety of illnesses and injuries.
I was drawn to practicing urgent care medicine because I enjoy the variety of patients I treat in any given day and the quick pace of the clinics. It's also a joy to be able to quickly improve a patient's health in the moment.
When I meet a new patient, I try to get to know them as quickly as possible and discuss their treatment options based on their current condition. Their input is critical to ensuring that the treatment or recommendation makes sense for them, and will address all of their needs.
In addition to providing patient care, I also enjoy teaching medical students. Before moving to South Florida, I was an assistant professor of family medicine at Columbia University and have taught as an associate professor of family medicine at McGill University.Related Medical Services
- McGill University, 1990
- Montreal General Hospital Mcgill University, 1992, Family Medicine
- McGill University, 1993
- American Academy of Family Physicians 2007-present
- Physicians Research Network, New York, NY 2004-present
- Canadian College of Family Physicians 1993-08\
- Member of Board of Directors, Fédération des médecins-résidents du Québec 1991-93
- President, Association of Residents of McGill, 1991-93