Robert Klecz, MD
I am a physiatrist at Memorial Healthcare System. I provide general rehabilitation management for patients with a variety of injuries and illnesses. This includes patients with various neurological, orthopedic, brain, spinal cord and other traumatic injuries, as well as those who are recovering from stroke and surgery.
Since the moment I began my medical school rotation in physiatry, I knew it was my calling.
I was absolutely enthralled and in awe of seeing people who had been thrown life-altering situations, such as an injury or stroke, working with therapists and fighting to get stronger and improve their situation.
I am grateful to be able to help my patients through the tough process of putting their lives, and their bodies, back together again and hopefully lift their spirits in the process. Helping people realize that they can do it – they can improve and make life livable again – is the biggest reward.
I also love the collaboration and teamwork in this line of medicine. I enjoy working with a close-knit team of passionate colleagues to help our patients overcome what they’ve been through, and come out stronger on the other side.
Before joining Memorial, I was a physiatrist in New Jersey for nearly 25 years. In addition to providing patient care, I also enjoy teaching medical students and young doctors and was a clinical assistant professor at University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey-New Jersey Medical School.
Related Medical Service
Meet Dr. Klecz
- Medical University of Warsaw, 1990
- UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School, 1991, Internal Medicine
- Rutgers - UMDNJ Univ Of Medicine At Newark, 1995, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School, 1992, Internal Medicine
- Top Doctors: New York Metro Area
- Inside Jersey Magazine Top Doctors
- American Academy of PM&R
- New Jersey Society of PM&R
- Post-acute Rehabilitative Continuum of Care Following Stroke - Neuroscience Nursing: Beating the Brainstorms 19th Annual Atlantic Neurosciences Institute Nursing Symposium, September 26, 2018
- Approach to Post-Stroke Management: 12-24 Months After the Stroke - Atlantic Health System Stroke Symposium: Best Stroke Practice 2016, May 21, 2016
- Care After Stroke: Rehabilitation Advances - Stroke Symposium 2015: Advancing and Enriching Stroke Care 15th Annual Neurosciences Conference Series, Atlantic Health System, May 30, 2015.