Brandon Davis, MD, PHD
Hollywood, FL 33021
I am a dual-trained neurosurgeon and endovascular surgeon at Memorial Neuroscience Institute where I treat patients with neurological, cerebrovascular and spinal conditions. I completed my neurosurgical residency and endovascular fellowship at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center. I am able to treat complex cerebrovascular conditions such as aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) and arteriovenous fistulas (AVFs) using either minimally invasive endovascular techniques or open cranial surgical techniques, depending on which is best for the patient. There are times when patients even require a combination of both techniques, depending on their condition.
I perform diagnostic endovascular procedures and emergent endovascular treatments for stroke as well. As a neurosurgeon, I also operate on complex intracranial tumors that can be benign or malignant. In addition, I perform various spine surgeries for patients suffering from trauma, back pain, leg pain or spine tumor.
My journey into medicine has always been a calling for me. For as long as I can remember, I have envisioned myself as a doctor, spending my time and energy perfecting what I love to do, which is healing the human body, mind and spirit. I spent nine years of my life in the Medical Scientist Training Program at the University of California, San Francisco learning the tools of scientific discovery and medicine, earning my MD and a PhD in biomedical science with a focus on brain cellular biology. I am a proponent of continuing research to both cure disease and to help unlock nature's most marvelous mystery, the human mind.
While an important part of my work takes place in the operating room, the most rewarding part of my job is connecting with patients and their families. It is an honor and a privilege to be trusted with healing the body and mind of another human being. It is a trust that should be earned and cherished for a lifetime.
Related Medical Services:
Meet Dr. Davis
- Univ Of California San Francisco Schl Of Medicine, 2009
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2010, Neurosurgery
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2017, Neurosurgery
- Martin Luther King, Community Service Award, UCSF (2008)
- UCSF Mentorship & Research Assistantship Program Fellowship (2005)
- American Academy of Neurology Scholarship Award (2005)
- Society for Neuroscience Scholarship Award (2004)
- Medical Scientist Training Program Award (2000)
- 2015-16. Monthly service; Morbidity, mortality, and improvement report. VUMC department of neurosurgery grand rounds.
- 2015 Residency program update. Annual VUMC neurosurgery retreat.
- 2015 Craniosynostosis. VUMC department of pediatric neurosurgery grand rounds.
- 2015 Craniocervical junction. VUMC department of neurosurgery grand rounds.
- 2015 Pedicle subtraction osteotomy in spinal deformity. VUMC department of neurosurgery grand rounds.
- 2013-14 monthly; Cerebrovascular case peer review. VUMC cerebrovascular conference.
- 2014 Tumor embolization. VUMC department of neurosurgery grand rounds.
- 2014 Vertebral hemangiomas. VUMC department of neurosurgery grand rounds.
- 2014 Endovascular treatment of stroke. Nurse practitioner stroke symposium.
- 2013 Hemorrhagic conversion of stroke. VUMC cerebrovascular conference.
- 2013 Transient thrombosis of ruptured AVF in neonate, from intraoperative vasospasm. SVIN national meeting.