Karen Askari, MD
I am an endocrinologist at Memorial Healthcare System. I care for patients with a wide variety of conditions including thyroid, parathyroid, pituitary and adrenal disorders as well as diabetes, high cholesterol, osteoporosis and gender dysphoria.
I developed a special interest in endocrinology during my second year of medical school. I was fascinated with biochemistry and the intricate hormonal pathways that regulate our body.
I enjoy creating and maintaining relationships with my patients and their caregivers. The most rewarding aspect of my job is helping patients feel better and preventing complications.
My approach to patient care is based on providing the tools and knowledge necessary for patients to understand their specific condition, formulating an individualized plan and, most importantly, empowering patients to take control of their disease and/or health.
Related Medical Services
- Universidad Del Norte, 2007
- Mount Sinai Medical Center, 2013, Internal Medicine
- Mount Sinai Hospital Center - GME, 2013, Internal Medicine
- New York University School Of Medicine - Fellowship Program, 2015, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
- Endocrine Society
- Co-Investigator. NYU School of Medicine – New York, United States 2014
Principal Investigators: Mamfred Blum. MD, Steven Hodak. MD, Martin Blaser. MD. Characterization of the Human Microbiome in Patients with Autoimmune Thyroid Disease.