Whether you’re looking for a quick and healthy salad to serve at an outdoor summer barbeque or just looking for a refreshing summer lunch, executive chef Pierre Flerismond at Memorial Regional Hospital has a salad option you’ll want to try.
The Mediterranean Farro Salad has 5 grams of protein and is only 225 calories!
Datasource: Mediterranean Farro Salad
- 1/2 cup farro uncooked
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/2 cup bottled Greek salad dressing
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Bring 1 cup of salted water to a boil.
- Add farro and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Lower the heat, then cover and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When the farro is done cooking, remove from heat and allow to sit for about 2-3 minutes; fluff with a fork.
- While the farro is cooking, cut the vegetables into small cubes.
- Add the vegetables to the arugula, then top with cooked farro.
- Top with salad dressing and salt and pepper to taste.
- Makes 4 Servings
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
- Calories: 225
- Protein: 5 g
- Carbohydrate: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 485 mg