Blane Shatkin, MD
Medical Director, Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine Program
Medical Director, Memorial Hospital Pembroke Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
I am a board-certified plastic surgeon and the Medical Director of Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine for Memorial Healthcare System. I specialize in wound care, wound care reconstruction, hyperbaric medicine and limb salvage.
As a plastic surgery resident, I had a vast experience in wound care reconstruction and limb salvage and was very excited when I was invited to open Memorial Healthcare System’s first and only wound care center in 1997. The center was established at Memorial Hospital Pembroke's Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, where I have served as Medical Director since its inception and was instrumental in starting their Limb Salvage Center in 2000.
I am proud to say that, under my direction, the center has consistently maintained healing rates above 90% for the past 10 years. This is a testament to our commitment of providing the best wound care for our community. The center houses three monoplace hyperbaric chambers, making it one of the largest limb salvage centers in South Florida.
Prior to joining Memorial Physician Group, I ran a private practice. I have also held various leadership positions with Memorial, including the Inaugural Chief of Staff at Memorial Hospital Miramar, and I am the current Vice Chief of Staff at Memorial Hospital Pembroke.
One of the proudest moments of my career came in 2009, when the Memorial Foundation honored me with the coveted Spirit of Healing Award. It is always a privilege to be able to help others, and was touching to see how my work has impacted and inspired my colleagues.
I am available to see inpatient consults at all of our hospitals, including Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital. I also have outpatient consults and follow-up visits at Memorial Hospital Pembroke Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy.Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Shatkin
- University Of South Florida College Of Medicine, 1986
- Suny @ Downstate New York, 1987, Surgery
- Suny @ Downstate New York, 1989, Surgery
- Suny @ Downstate New York, 1992, Plastic Surgery
- New York Methodist Hospital, 1990, Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Plastic Surgery-Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Plastic Surgery-Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Wound Care
- Wound Care Reconstruction
- Hyperbaric Medicine
- Limb Salvage
- Familial Subungual Keratoacanthoma in Association with Ectodermal Dysplasia. Shatkin et al. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: September 1993-Volume 92-Issue 3-ppg 528-531.
- Memorial Foundation’s Spirit of Healing Award; 2009