Sheyla Paredes Aller, MD
I am a physician in the medical intensive care units at Memorial Healthcare System. I care for critically ill patients experiencing multi-organ failure or those facing other complex medical conditions.
My father was a physician and inspired me to pursue a career in medicine. Through him, I saw medicine as a way to heal and decrease suffering. While caring for my patients, I know I not only impact their lives, but also the lives of their family members and loved ones.
Building relationships with patients and their caregivers makes my work worthwhile. I consider it an honor and privilege to help people, especially when they are going through very difficult situations like critical illness. My career gives me the opportunity to help patients in many ways, and even when we are unable to completely heal them, we are still able to offer comfort, support and guidance.
Before joining Memorial, I was an assistant professor of medicine at the Division of Pulmonary Allergy, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine at the University of Miami, where I also cared for cystic fibrosis and lung transplant patients.
Related Medical Services
- Facultad De Medicina De La Univ Peruana Cayetano, 2004
- Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, 2011
- Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, 2013, Internal Medicine
- Jackson Memorial Hospital, 2016, Pulmonary Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Critical Care Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Pulmonary Disease
View Dr. Sheyla Paredes Aller's publications on PubMed.
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Thoracic Society