Juan Martinez, MD
Chief, Department of Medicine, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital
Medical Director, Pediatric Cystic Fibrosis, Pulmonary and Sleep Center
Vice Chairman, Memorial Physician Group Advisory Board
Dr. Juan C. Martinez has directed the Pediatric Pulmonary Division at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital in Hollywood, Florida since 2003. He directs a busy and expanding AASM-accredited pediatric sleep lab as well as a pediatric sleep clinic. He is board certified in pediatric pulmonology and sleep medicine. He is currently an Affiliate Assistant Professor at the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University.
He completed residency training in pediatrics at MetroHealth Medical Center and pediatric subspecialty training in pulmonology at Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital, both in Cleveland, Ohio. While in Cleveland, Dr. Martinez received training in pediatric sleep disorders.
Following training, he moved to St. Petersburg, Florida, where he joined the pediatric pulmonology program at All Children’s Hospital and directed the pediatric sleep laboratory from 1996 until 2003. While at All Children’s Hospital, Dr. Martinez was a clinical assistant professor at University of South Florida College of Medicine.
Dr. Martinez has been a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics Organizational Representative to NSART (National Sleep Awareness Roundtable) since 2007. He is an active member of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He also served on the American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Pediatric Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine Executive Committee.
Meet Dr. Martinez
- Universidad Central del Este, 1985
- Case Western Reserve School Of Medicine, 1992, Pediatrics
- Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital, 1995, Pulmonary Disease
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Third Year Clinical Fellowship Award, 1994
- MetroHealth Medical Center/Case Western Reserve University “Good Fellow” Award for Camaraderie and Teaching, 1992
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Thoracic Society
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Sleep Disorders Association