Fall Prevention Checklist to Safeguard Your Health
September 20, 2023
Did you know that 20% – 30% of falls can be prevented by assessing risks and intervening to reduce these risks?
Assess your risk with these questions and checklist:
- Is it hard to reach a light from your bed?
- Is the path from your bed to the bathroom dark or cluttered?
- Is the tub or shower slippery?
- Do you need support taking a bath, showering, or using the toilet?
- Do you struggle to reach items you use often?
- Are there throw rugs, cords, or objects you might trip over?
- Is the floor slippery or uneven?
Memorial Rehabilitation Institute at Memorial Regional Hospital South, was recently recognized among the best rehabilitation hospitals for 2023-2024 by U.S. News and World Report. Memorial Rehabilitation Institute is a South Florida destination for world-class, comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation.
Memorial Rehabilitation Institute's 12,000 sq. ft. gym has some of the latest therapeutic equipment, including robotic technology for the treatment of various neurological conditions. In addition, a simulated community provides an environment where patients can practice life skills such as a visit to a grocery store or library.
If you or a loved one is at risk, call us at 954-518-5725.
We encourage you to download this fall prevention checklist to share with your friends and family to prevent a fall.