Kathryn Shaw, MD
I am a transplant surgeon at Memorial Healthcare System. I specialize in kidney and liver transplants and related procedures. As a member of the Memorial Transplant Institute team, I evaluate adult and pediatric patients with end-stage organ disease, and help provide the comprehensive care required for successful transplants.
An organ transplant can be life changing for those with end-stage organ disease. It requires collaboration and a long-term commitment to help our patients achieve their best possible health. I love being a part of this special team bringing new life and hope into patients' lives.
At Memorial, we're backed by an extensive system that provides resources and support for patients and their families as they go through the transplant process.
It's a unique privilege to be trusted by patients undergoing surgery. It is important to me that we do everything in our power to be sure our patients are well informed and receive the top-notch care they need.
Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Shaw
- Temple University, 2012
- Saint Agnes Health Care, 2013, Surgery
- Saint Agnes Health Care, 2017, Surgery
- University of Washington, 2019, Abdominal Transplant Surgery
- International Pediatric Transplant Association
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- Shaw K, Perkins J, Bartosh S, Healey P, Smith J, Dick A. Use of PHS increased risk donors in pediatric kidney transplantation. The International Pediatric Transplant Association 2019 Congress, May 7, 2019, Vancouver, MC, Canada.
- Shaw K, Perkins J, Blondet N, Healey P, Horslen, Dick A. Use of PHS increased risk donors in pediatric liver transplantation. The International Pediatric Transplant Association 2019 Congress, May 5, 2019, Vancouver, MC, Canada.
- Shaw K, Perkins J, Hansen R, Montenovo M, Dick A. Long-term outcomes of pediatric liver re-transplantation in the PELD era. International Pediatric Transplant Association 2018 Symposium in Organ Transplantation in Children, November 12, 2018, San Jose, Costa Rica.