Ruchi Patel, MD
I am a cardiologist at Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute. I treat patients with arrhythmia, coronary artery disease, valvular disease, peripheral arterial disease, cardiomyopathy, heart failure, hypertension, dyslipidemia and other cardiac concerns.
I am also a Registered Physician in Vascular Imaging (RPVI), and am board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease, echocardiography, nuclear cardiology, vascular imaging, and interventional cardiology.
I chose to pursue a career in medicine because it is intellectually challenging and constantly evolving. I chose cardiology in particular because the heart involves complex physiology that can affect every other organ in the body. I love being able to integrate clinical history and imaging to diagnose and treat various cardiac problems and help improve people's quality of life.
I approach cardiology as not just treatment of the heart and vascular system, but treating a patient as a whole. I believe it is important for patients to fully understand their conditions and know about their treatments and why those treatments are the best for their particular situation. Patient involvement is key to ensuring the best outcomes.
Related Medical Services
- Drexel University College Of Medicine, 2011
- Jackson Memorial Hospital, 2014, Internal Medicine
- Drexel University College Of Medicine, 2017, Cardiovascular Disease
- Mount Sinai Medical Center, 2018, Interventional Cardiology
American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine-Interventional Cardiology
- American College of Cardiology
- American Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
- Patel, R., O'Neill, B., Singh, V., Martinez, C., Alfonso, C., Cohen, M., Heldman, A., O'Neill, W. (2013). A Novel Predictor of Fall in NT-proBNP in Patients Undergoing Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. - Presented at Young Investigator Awards at the Florida Chapter of ACC 2013
- Singh, V., O'Neill, B., Patel, R., Martinez, C., Alfonso, C., Heldman, A., Clark, P., O'Neill, W., Cohen, M. (2013). Comparison of Aortic Regurgitation Index to Echocardiography and Aortic Angiogram for the Assessment of Aortic Regurgitation after Edwards-Sapien Transcatheter Valve. - Presented at SCAI 2013
- Ghatak, A., O'Neill, B., Patel, R., Shah, S., Martinez, C., Moscucci, M., Clark, P., et al. (2012). TCT-875 Frailty is a Major Determinant of Length of Stay After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 60(17), B253. - Presented at TCT 2012with Abstract published in the Journal of the ACC
- Singh, D., Mathew, A., Whittier, J., Patel, R., Ledley, G., Silverman, B."Spontaneous Native AV Thrombus Presenting as STEMI." - Presented at Drexel University College of Medicine Discovery Day 2015
- Patel, R., Ilustre, J., Sudhakar, S., Ledley, G. "Drug-coated balloon: The latest tool in the armamentarium of peripheral vascular interventions." -Presented at Drexel University Research Day 2015-Published inDrexel Med Journal Spring 2015
- Sudhakar, S., Ilustre, J., Patel, R., Ledley, G. "Wireless Implantable Hemodynamic Monitoring (CardioMEMS)" - A Technological Breakthrough in Heart Failure Management." - Presented at Drexel Department of Medicine Research Day 2015
- Patel, R., Hernandez, G., Calfa, M. "Constipation as presenting symptom of a massive iliac artery aneurysm" - Presented at the Florida Medical Association David A. Paulus Poster Symposium, 2013
- Hernandez, G., Patel, R., Badiye, A., Sequeira, R. “Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy: A jarring case of headache and heartache" - Presented at the Florida Medical Association David A. Paulus Poster Symposium, 2013