Joshua Moore, MD
I am a general surgeon at Memorial Healthcare System where I specialize in treating patients with a variety of surgical conditions, including appendicitis, hernias, gallbladder disease, as well as other disorders of the abdomen, GI tract, skin, and soft tissue.
I became interested in medicine when my father underwent open-heart surgery when I was about 12 years old. I was so impressed by the amazing work of those surgeons that I was inspired to pursue a career in surgery. More than 20 years later, my father is still with us and able to see me helping other families, just as his heart surgeons helped ours.
My father’s surgery impacted more than my career; it also changed our family’s lifestyle. The experience led me to understand the impact of diet and exercise on a person’s health. I now bring this knowledge and experience to my practice, where I strive to empower my patients to take charge of their health and embrace a whole food, plant-based diet, and an active lifestyle. I want them to be able to understand the disease process, understand their treatment options and play an active role in deciding which treatment plan works best for them.
As a South Florida native, it is a privilege to serve my community. I believe that everyone has a story and it is my goal as your physician to help you get well, and get back to working on your next chapter.
Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Moore
- University Of Miami School Of Medicine, 2012
- Atlanta Medical Center, 2017
- Southeastern Surgical Congress
- American College of Surgeons
- National Medical Association
- 2017: University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Minority Students in Health Careers Motivation Program
- 2014: Georgia Society of the American College of Surgeons & Gage Ochsner Resident/Fellow Paper Competition – Moore J, Redden MH, Feliciano DV, Henderson V, Humphries T, Ramsay P, Spence S, Walker M. “Percutaneous tracheostomy under bronchoscopic visualization does not affect short-term or long-term complications”
- 2015: Southeastern Surgical Congress Poster Presentation –Joshua Moore, MD; James K Fortson, MD MPH MBA CPE FACS; Holly Zywicke, MD; Roger Su, MD; Paul King, MD; Pavan G Bhat, CCIV “Intrasphenoidal Basal Encephalocele”