Robert Hirsch, MD
Dr. Robert Hirsch attended medical school 1978 at SUNY Upstate, Syracuse in New York and completed his internship, residency and fellowship at the University of Miami Affiliated Hospital in Miami from 1978 to 84. He is board certified in internal medicine, oncology and hematology and is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncologists, the Florida Society of Oncology and the American Society of Hematology.
Dr. Hirsch has been in private practice as a general medical oncologist and hematologist since 1984. His entire group of four physicians joined Memorial Cancer Institute in June 2010. Dr. Hirsch has published research on lung cancer and is an advocate of clinical research. He is a principal investigator for many of Memorial’s oncology trials in breast and lung cancer. He is an active participant in all of Memorial’s weekly multidisciplinary tumor boards, which include lung, breast, gastrointestinal, genitourinary and head & neck cancers, as well as the hematology malignant tumor board.
Meet Dr. Hirsch
- Suny Health Science Center At Syracuse, 1978
- University Of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1981, Internal Medicine
- University Of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1984, Oncology and Hematology
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Hematology
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Medical Oncology
- Summa Cum Laude, Brooklyn College, 1974
- American Society of Clinical Oncologists
- Florida Society of Oncology
- American Society of Hematology