Priyanka Gosain, MD
Interim Chief, Adult Heart Failure & Transplantation Services
I am an advanced heart failure and transplant cardiologist board-certified in Advanced Heart Failure/Transplant Cardiology at Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute. I am part of a multidisciplinary team that takes care of the most complex and acutely ill cardiac patients.
I believe each patient is unique and the disease process for each patient is therefore different. I tailor therapies to meet individual needs, goals and preferences. I also strongly believe in a shared-decision making process and ensure that a patient’s ideals and beliefs remain central to all treatment plans.
Our team works very closely with our patients and in-turn, we become very close with them and their families. This integration into patient lives is the aspect of my work that I love the most.
In addition to patient care, I am involved in clinical research and outcomes projects regarding risk stratification for patients with heart failure to better match the right patient with the right treatment.
I also frequently write opinion pieces about the art of medicine and managing patient preferences, which have been published in major journals like the Journal of American College of Cardiology and Annals of Internal Medicine.Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Gosain
- Lady Hardinge Medical College, 2008
- Cook County Hospital, 2011, Internal Medicine
- Cook County Hospital, 2013, Internal Medicine
- Mt Sinai Medical Center, 2016, Cardiovascular Disease
- University Of South Florida College Of Medicine, 2017, Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
American Board of Internal Medicine-Cardiovascular Disease
American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- Heart Failure Society of America